Chaper 25: Happy Birthday

Chapter 25: Happy Birthday

*POV: Harry*

I’ve left Snow alone back in Utah after us spending a whole month together. I didn’t want to leave, but I promised my mum that I would be home for my birthday and Snow couldn’t come with since she had school. I didn’t want to leave her alone, hell I still don’t, but James promised to keep an eye on her. He knows about the situation and so does Madelyne, but no one else does besides Louis, Niall, and I.

I’m excited that I get to skype with Snow in a little bit since it’s my birthday.

Rolling out of bed, I yawn a bit so I can get ready for the day. I head to the shower and jump in, washing my body. Once I’m done with that, I get out and dress myself in my typical black skinnies and flannel. I then proceed down the stairs so I can have breakfast with my family. Once I reach the bottom, I see Gemma and Robin seated at the table. My mum is cooking as I expected her to be. Smiling, I take a seat across from my sister.

“Happy Birthday Harry baby,” My mum says walking over to me, kissing me on the cheek.

“Button up your shirt too young man,” she adds before walking away from me and back to the food. I grab a pancake, buttering it and ignoring her words.

“Yeah, only your girlfriend should be seeing that,” Gemma says and I nearly choke on my food.

“What girlfriend is this?” Robin asks, looking at me while taking a bite of his food. Gulping I shake my head.

“Cough weather cough,” Gemma says and I want to smack her.

“You’re dating Snow? What happened to that lovely Zach fellow?” Mum asks and my fists start clenching at my side. I’m also trying to hide my embarrassment.

“Turns out he wasn’t such a nice bloke. And we aren’t boyfriend-girlfriend as you guys were intending,” I tell them. Gemma rolls her eyes at me. She knows that I’m planning out there soon to make it official, but she just had to go and open her mouth to mum and Robin. I didn’t want them knowing until it was official. Stupid girl.

“How long has this been going on then, eh?” Robin asks as I take a bite of my pancake.

“I guess we’ve always sort of had a thing, but didn’t admit it to each other until New Years,” I tell them.

“I always knew you two would end up together. Best friends have that habit. Why didn’t you ask her out then? It would’ve been perfect,” mum says as she brings more plates of food to the table. She finally sits down, relaxing as she can eat also.

“Let’s just say some bad things happened that made it so she wouldn’t be ready for a new relationship considering she was still in one around then,” I explain. Before anyone else can get a word out, they swarm around the room.

“What bad things happened?” Zayn asks, followed by the other three lads. A smile appears brightly on my face at the sight of them. Oh how I’ve missed them. I walk over and greet each of them with a hug.

“I thought that you would like this surprise,” my mum tells me and I run over to her, hugging her again as I whisper in her ear, “I do. Thank you so much.”

“What things do you blokes have planned today?” Robin asks, looking at the four of us. I’m thankful for the change of subject. The tension in the air is nowhere as thick now as it was before. Since I have no idea what we’re doing today, I look towards the lads for an answer.

“We’re going to probably just go around town and hit the strip club later,” Louis says, my mum’s eyes widening. I can’t help mine that are too.