Chapter 30: Scratch That

*POV: Snow*

Waking up to find Harry next to me was probably the best and worst thing that could have happened. It was the best thing because oh how did I miss him. I missed him so much that I could cry. I needed him here right next to me more than anybody else.

Then the worst thing was that I looked like shit. I know that I look like shit. I don’t know how bad it is, but I know he’s going to make the worst of it. If only I had time to put on make-up, but I obviously didn’t. He’s been here all night and I know he’s upset. I can tell that from his red puffy eyes. I immediately start to feel bad.

Why couldn’t I stay out of trouble?

I wonder if he knows about this disease that I might have. Would James tell him without my knowing? How bad did he make it out to be? Damn. I’m screwed.

“Mmm,” Harry moans, stretching as he sits up. I smile at him, glad that he’s here nonetheless.

“Good morning sunshine,” I tell him. I watch the way his face lights up and I giggle a bit. I’m glad that I’m important in someone’s life.

“Good morning baby. How did you sleep?” he asks me. I can’t stop smiling at him.

“Better when you brought me my blanket,” I tell him. I notice the way he flushes a bit.

“I know how you get about that kind of stuff so I brought it for you on my way out,” he tells me.

“I didn’t even know that you were coming out,” I whisper. It was truly a lovely surprise. I’m assuming Gemma told him everything and that’s the reason as to of why he’s here. I don’t even care though. I’m just happy. Who cares if I have some dirty rotten disease, Harry’s here.

“Sorry. It was an on the spot decision. Are you hungry?” he asks me.

“When am I not?” I respond and he laughs a bit. He leans over and gives me a quick peck on the lips, my stomach fluttering like it hasn’t done in so long. He smiles as big as me, “I’ll be back.” Then he’s up and leaving the room in search for food. He’s not even out for two minutes when a nurse walks in.

“How did you sleep?” she asks me. I recognize it as the one that made me pee in a cup. She’s the bearer of bad news.

“Okay,” I lie. Hospital beds aren’t comfy at all.

“That’s good sweetie. Well, I’ve got you some news. Our hypothesis was right,” she tells me. My stomach drops. Great. I gulp, nodding.

“What do I have?” I ask cautiously. I feel as if I could cry at any moment. This disease could bring me death.

“Well. You’re going to be a mama,” she tells me with a grin. My whole world kind of stops at this moment. Did I hear her correctly? She must be joking?

“What?” I ask again dumbly.

“You’re with child,” she tells me again. My eyes widen.

“How is this possible? I thought that I had some disease! I was preparing myself to die and stuff, not bring another life into this world. Oh god,” I say, beginning to freak out a bit. My mother is going to kill me. I may as well have a disease.

How the hell can I take care of a child if I can’t even take care of myself? I slip on ice, run cars into poles, cry, and get raped. How the hell can I live long enough to even have a child grow inside of me? How am I going to be able to bear the pain? How am I going to be able to bear the sickness? How can I do this if Harry’s away on tour in two months until November or something? I can’t even remember.