Chapter 12: Dreams and Memories

POV: Snow

"I'm overreacting," I sigh, plopping down onto the bed. I rub my temples with my fingers, feeling extremely tired. I lay back and groan, wanting to just fall asleep and drift away. That would be so much easier, wouldn't it?

I didn't overreact too badly though, right? I mean, he was being a huge dick about my relationship with Zach, but so was Madelyne and we're being somewhat civil right now. By civil, I mean I told her Merry Christmas. I don't like people fucking with my relationships.

My temperature is rising from the anger that is taking over me. They just get on my nerves thinking that they can control who I date and who I'm friends with! Let me make my own mistakes and I'll learn from them. What else can I do? Live my life hidden away and always safe and bored?

Uhm no. I'm only human.

The thought that I'm going to be with Harry alone for who knows how long in a tight, compact space makes me want to be sick. I'm not exactly happy with him and I really don't want to talk to him at all let alone be near him. I couldn't say no though because Anne is just brilliant and I miss Gemma. A lot. I miss the whole lot of them.

"Snow?" someone knocks at the door, myself recognizing it to be Niall. I'm glad that he came when he did otherwise I was going to drown in my spiraling thoughts.

"You can come in," I mumble and sit up, straightening out my hair a bit as he enters. He takes in my appearance and closes the door behind him. I would tense up, but Niall is okay. I know he won't make a move or anything.

"You sure you want to go? I can already see the stress that this trip is causing you. Plus the girls are a bit worried considering that you and Harry are their only connection to us..," he leads off slightly uncomfortable himself. I'm happy that he looks like he cares, but I know that he probably just doesn't want to be left alone with my friends without Harry or I here.

"It's fine. I mean, I'm not excited. At all. But how can you say no to Anne? Besides, I miss them," I explain totally disregaurding my friends. I'm in a selfish mood which also happens to be a bad one. I really hate acting this way, but some days you just sort of snap, you know?

"I get it. When are you guys coming back?" he asks me. Apparently Harry didn't give them the full details which I didn't get either.

"I have no clue, but I hope as soon as possible," I admit running my fingers through my tangled hair. I grab a bag and start throwing random articles of clothing into it and a few necesities.

"I sure hope so," he surprises me by saying. I glance at him, raising an eyebrow. He doesn't even realize that that could be considered flirting. Poor innocent boy.

"I just wanted to say thanks," he continues as if I am not lost. This just makes me more confused than before. 

"For what?" I ask taking a seat on my bed again. I really just want to sleep. All this trip has been for me is draining.

"For getting a reaction out of Zayn. It's been so long since any of us have gotten one. He hasn't even talked since the accident and it sort of means a lot. I mean, it's not much, but it's more than any of us have done and for that we are all so grateful. We don't want you to go away because we're afraid that he might just slip into his otherworldly state of mind," he explains and I stay silent, unsure as to of how to respond. So many questions are swarming my mind and I feel overwhelmed and privledged and important, something I haven't felt recently. I just know that first question of have to ask him.

"You're uh welcome. If you don't mind me asking though, what was the accident?" I ask practically dying of curiousity. I remember someone faintly mentioning it and it hasn't left my mind since. I'm really excited to finally get an answer.