Chapter 16: Rash Decisions

*POV: Snow*

I sit in the car impatiently awaiting for Harry to say goodbye to his family. I understand that he needs his time, but I just want to leave. I want to go home. I just want to check on my friends too, Zayn included.

I feel really bad for not even getting Zayn’s number before I left. It would’ve been nice just to stay in contact with him while I was over here. I have a feeling that he has a sense of abandonment, but I don’t understand why. Nobody has left him, but I feel like I did. He really does need a better friend than I.

“Ready?” Harry asks suddenly stealing my attention as he gets into the car. You can tell he’s been crying and I don’t blame him. He never sees his family and I can’t even imagine how much he misses them. I mean, I’m having a hard time just being here right now for this short amount of time and he goes months without seeing his.

“Yeah. You okay?” I ask totally disregarding earlier’s events. He’s still my best friend and I told him that I was going to pretend like nothing had happened. I don’t want things to be different between us and he’s obviously surprised.

“Uh yeah. Let’s go,” he responds putting the car into reverse so he can pull out. He then switches it to drive and the long car ride begins. I turn up the radio, not wanting the awkward tension to be a blanket between us so he obviously seems like we need one. I bob my head along to the fast upbeat tune that I’ve never heard before and he smiles at me. I just decide to pretend to not notice and pull out my Ipad mini, opening my notes.

“Your notes? Last I remember of you, you’re not very organized,” he jokes, not taking his eyes off of the road. I roll my eyes at him, knowing that he won’t see me.

“Ha ha ha. Very funny,” I remark as I go back to writing in my notes. Ideas are flooding through my head and I need to do something fun for the long car ride. He can’t seem to respect that that’s what I want to do right now though as he keeps speaking, “what’re you writing in there anyway?

“A story,” I tell him honestly before turning back to my writing again. I’m going to lose my train of thought before I even get to write if he doesn’t shut up, which he won’t.

“A story? You always said you wanted to be an author, but you never seemed serious. C’mon, what’s it about?” he asks and I simply refuse to tell him. I don’t want him to know cos it’s embarrassing, so we argue a bit which does indeed make me lose my train of thought. I finally give up with a sigh, putting my device away and look over to see him pouting.

“Please Snow? How else are we going to occupy ourselves on this long car ride?” he tries for the millionth time. I know he won’t give up and I can’t think of a good story to tell randomly off the top of my head. He knows how I get with books I like so I might as well just tell him.

“So,” I begin as he tunes in intensively. I watch his features change as I tell him about the incredulous story about a girl named Anna who fell in love with a boy from her school. His shocked expression every time I tell him about a plot twist I have either already written or have coming up leaves me wanting to tell him more, glad that somebody might actually enjoy my story. Words leave my mouth and I know he’s captivated by how into this I am getting.

I like how he’s getting as into this as I am. Nobody else would listen to me cos they don’t read these kinds of books and I know that if I tell anyone, they wouldn’t care and think I’m weird. Zach especially ‘cos he doesn’t understand just how much love I have for the art of writing. He would never even dare to pick up the book and I didn’t think anyone else would either, but the way that Harry is looking at me is giving me a new sense of hope and ignites my passion for the piece of work all over again. I love this.