Alone >> Loki x reader

Water pooled in your eyes before spilling out over your cheeks as you sat in your attic window seat. Your forehead rested against the cool glass as you stared out over your neighborhood. The tons of Christmas decorations and flashing lights hurt your eyes and head while the happy families playing in the snow poured salt and lemon juice all over the wound in your heart.

"Bah humbug." You muttered dejectedly as you tore your eyes from the peaceful scene out your window. You weren't always a Scrooge, in fact up until two months ago you loved Christmas. But that was the past, now your parents -the last of your family- were dead and your boyfriend was back in Asgard. So you figured you were entitled to be a tad depressing. You let out a small sigh before once again resting your head on the chilled glass.

"Hello darling." Loki's smooth velvety voice whispered in your ear as his cold arms wrapped around you from behind and pulled you to his hard chest.

"What are you doing here?" You asked happily while you twisted around to face him.

"You were looking so forlorn."

He placed a kiss on your forehead before easily lifting you from your seat. He slipped onto the window seat and he lovingly cradled you in his arms as you curled into his chest. The two of you momentarily watched the last snow fall to the earth in blissful silence.

"So why were you sad?" Loki's voice was husky and for a moment your brain focused on what his voice sounded like and not what was spoken. It wasn't until he nudged you with his shoulder that the words actually sunk in.

"Oh, um well I was just upset because I was alone on Christmas." You told him as you snuggled deeper into his chest. His hold tightened and he dropped a kiss to the top of your head but he didn't say another word. You didn't really expect him to though; you figured that he probably wouldn't be familiar with an earth holiday. Your eyelids began to grow heavy as the gentle thump of Loki's heart became your lullaby and his scent and warmth surrounded you. The words 'I love you' echoed in your mind as the world became dark, but you weren't exactly sure where they came from.

.........

.................

........................

When you woke up the sun was setting and you felt unbearably cold. One quick look exposed the reason, Loki was gone. A stab of pain tore through your heart, although you couldn't really blame him, considering you did fall asleep on him. With a heavy sigh and heart you padded downstairs. It took all of two seconds for the sight of Christmas decorations -that you didn't put up- to hit you.

"As long as you allow me to stay, you'll never be alone again." Loki whispered in your ear before his head dipped down to place kisses up and down your neck.

"Well then you'd better get comfortable, because you're never going to leave." You giggled slightly and threw your arms around him.

"So will you be coming with me to Asgard or shall I stay here?" Loki murmured into the crook of you neck as you played with his hair.

"If I go to Asgard can I eat those magic apple things so I can live forever?"

"Of course you may eat those magic apple things." Loki mocked you. You stuck your tongue out at him while you gently smacked him on the arm.

"Asgard, definitely Asgard." You tell him before reaching up to cover his lips with your own.