"I'm glad you're my sister."

Bit of a short one here, but hey, it's something I guess.

Enjoy.

*********

Bailey's POV

"God fucking dammit!" I yell as I throw the bottle of beer at the wall in the shed, smashing it to pieces.

I'm so fucking angry right now. I can't believe Jenna would do something like that. "It's okay kid," Dad says as he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"No, it's not fucking okay!" I yell at him. "She cheated on me! With some guy!"

"I know, I know. But you'll find someone else." Dad says, trying to calm me down.

"No! I don't want anyone else! I want Jenna!" I say, tears streaming down my face.

Dad pulls me into a hug and I sob into his chest. I can't believe this is happening. This is such a nightmare.

I pull away from Dad and wipe my eyes. "I'm sorry. Fuck, I don't know what I want. I just, I can't believe she did this to me."

"I know, I know. But you're going to be okay." Dad says, rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." I say, feeling guilty.

"It's okay, I understand." Dad says.

I'm so fucking angry right now. I can't believe Jenna would do something like that. I trusted her, and she just threw it all away.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I'm so lost without her.

I went to the hospice to visit Hailey, she noticed I was angry so I told her what happened.

"I'm so sorry, Bailey." She says, sympathy in her voice.

"It's not your fault." I say, trying to force a smile.

"I know, but still. It's hard to see you like this." She says. "Hey, at least you're away from her. You don't need someone like that in your life."

"I know. I just-" my phone starts going off, and I see I have a DM from Instagram. "One sec, Hailey."

I open the DM and see that it's from Kelley. My heart skips a beat as I read the message.

Hey, Bailey. Just wanted to say hi. How are you?

I'm not sure what to say. I'm not sure if I should respond or not. I'm still so angry at Jenna, and I don't know if I'm ready to move on yet.

But Kelley is so beautiful, and there's something about her that draws me to her. I decided to take a chance and respond.

Hey, Kelley. I'm doing alright, thanks for asking. How are you? Good game the other day, by the way.

"Who are you messaging sis?" Hailey asked.

I put my phone down, "Uhh, well....you how I told you about how Kelley O'Hara likes all my stuff and you came up with the conclusion that she's my secret admirer?"

She gasps and smiles, "Did you-"

"No, she sent the first message now."

"Still, that's fucking awesome. Oohh, I want to meet her so badly now,"

I couldn't help but laugh. It turns out that Kelley is Hailey's favorite player, believe it or not. Now that a potential conversation between us could happen, I know deep down that Hailey will want to pick Kelley's brain.

But I have some doubts about Kelley, what if she cheats on me if we do ever hook up? What if she's playing me?

"Bailey? What's going on in that head of yours?" Hailey abruptly asked, a worried expression on her face.

I quickly dismissed my doubts and smiled, "Nothing."

"Hmmm, I may be younger than you, but I know that you're lying. It's about Kelley, right?"

I nodded and let out a sigh, "You got me. I'm just thinking about the bad things, like what if I'm being played by her? Or what if she'll, like, cheat on me if we ever happen to hook up."

Her face softened and she grabbed my hand, "I know you're hurt about Jenna, but give it some time. Kelley may be the one. You never know."

"I guess so. Who'd ever thought the younger sibling would help the older one?" I joke, changing the subject.

Hailey broke out in a fit of laughter, "Well, I was the calmer one, unlike you who happened to fight someone who rubbed you the wrong way."

The door abruptly opened and in came a nurse. She smiled at us and sat on the bed to talk to Hailey, "I got some good news Hailey, your tumor has pretty much disappeared now. But we'd recommend you stay with someone who can help you when you leave here."

Hailey smiled, "That's okay. I can stay at my parents' home."

"Do you want me to call them?"

"If you can, then yes. They've been waiting patiently for a long time now."

The nurse smiled and she looked at me, "Your sister has been such a laugh. One of the best patients I've ever had."

I smiled, "That's Hailey for you. She always cheers you up somehow no matter what the circumstances are."

"Well, as much as I'm gonna miss her. I hope and pray that she'll be in better health from now on." The nurse says before leaving.

Hailey starts laughing and opens her arms out for a hug, "I'm finally out of here!" She exclaimed.

"See. Like you said, I always keep my promises." I say as I hug her.

"Okay, smart ass." She says, "I'm glad you're my sister."

For some reason, hearing that made me nearly tear up, but I managed to hold my tears back, "I am too, Hailey."

*********************

Chapt. 6 coming soon! Dunno when but it'll be here eventually.

Also, I might post up a WIP story. Anyways, thanks for reading!