"That's true, Dad is always right."

Here's a new one.

Enjoy.

****************

Bailey's POV.

I pulled up a chair next to Hailey who was quietly sobbing as my dad laid there on the hospital bed, hooked up to multiple machines. Mom went out for some fresh air, so it was just us two.

"It'll be okay, sis. Dad's a stubborn man, he won't let this get him." I said to her quietly as I rubbed her back.

"I know," She sniffed and wiped her nose, "A fighter. Just like me."

I smiled, "Exactly."

We both sat in silence, and that's when I noticed a big gash on his forehead. "How did he get that?"

"He was at work when it happened. According to Mike, he fell forward and smacked his head on something." I frowned, thinking about how that could've been prevented.

I grabbed his hand and held it tight, feeling the warmth from his skin. I'm just glad I made it in time.

I looked at my sister, and she had fallen asleep. I kissed her forehead and then looked at my dad. He looked so peaceful, so calm. I can tell he's trying to fight off whatever is going on inside him.

Mom came back in, and I gave her a hug, "He'll pull through, Mom. I know it."

She nodded and smiled, "I hope so, sweetheart. I really do." We sat next to the hospital bed in silence, until my phone started ringing a few minutes later. It was Kelley.

"Hey Kel, what's up?" I asked, my voice a bit shaky.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that Addison is here and safe. She's staying with us for a few days until she can get settled."

I sighed in relief, "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it."

"No problem. How's your dad?"

"He's stable for now. We're just waiting and hoping he'll pull through."

"I'm sure he will. You know, I'm here if you need anything. Just call me, okay?"

"Will do. Thanks again, Kel."

We ended the call and I went back to my dad's side. I'm so glad Addison is safe. I just hope my dad is too. Time went by fast and it was late at night. Mom stood up, "I'm heading home to get some rest. You two should do the same."

"Mom, I want to stay here with Dad." I said, and she nodded and kissed my forehead before leaving.

Hailey stayed with me too. A doctor came in and we told him, and there was a couch in the room, so I decided to sleep there. I laid down on it and Hailey came over and laid down with me. I wrapped my arms around her as she was shaking, quiet sobs coming from her.

"Shhh. We'll be okay, he'll be okay." I said and she nodded. "Remember years ago, when he took us to the lake and we went fishing?"

"Yeah, I remember."

"Remember how he taught us how to bait our hooks and how to cast the line?"

She smiled, "Yeah, I remember. That was the best day ever."

"It sure was. I remember the day when I was 2 years old, a year before you were born. Mom was a few months pregnant with you, and she was still working, so she was out. Dad was home and I was outside covering myself in peanut butter when came outside and asked me what I was doing."

We both laughed, "Did he get angry or annoyed?"

I shook my head, "Nope. He just laughed his head off and picked me up and took me to the bath."