ESPYs

Bit of a short one here, anyways, enjoy!

*****************

Bailey's POV

A few weeks have passed and not much has happened. Hailey was now at home with our parents, I had to leave since the WBF had booked me in quite a few fights, and Kelley and I haven't talked much.

Tonight though, is the ESPY awards. There's a lot of hype about tonight, the USWNT won in France, and the WBF PPV that I'm fighting Geovana Peres at, is tomorrow night. The PPV is called Ground Zero.

I was getting ready for the ESPYs, putting on my dress and doing my hair and makeup. I decided to go for a more natural look tonight. I didn't want to wear too much makeup, just a little foundation, mascara, and some nude lipstick.

I put on my dress, a simple black dress that went down to my mid-thigh. I decided to wear my hair down tonight, and I curled it so it would look nice.

My muscles were aching a bit, probably from all the training I've been doing. I'm not sure if I'm ready for this fight, but I know I have to do it.

I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I'm prepared for anything.

Once I arrive at the ESPYs, I see a lot of familiar faces, and some new ones too. I see Kelley and I can't help but smile. She looks gorgeous in her red dress. Our eyes meet and she looks like she saw a ghost and her face went bright red, before she's pulled away by Alex Morgan.

I go to the seat I'm assigned to and sit down. I see Kelley a few rows in front of me, and I can't help but stare at her. She's so beautiful, and I can't help but wonder what it would be like to kiss her.

Suddenly, the lights dim and the show starts. The first award is for Best Play, and Alex Morgan wins for her goal against England in the World Cup.

Eventually, there was an award for the 'New Sensation in the squared circle'. I was nominated, but the award went to some boxer who was undefeated at the time

"Ladies and gentlemen, we must inform you that in the 'New Sensation in the squared circle', the voting was extremely close, and Bailey Wilson, you came in second."

The whole entire crowd pops but I decided to go up on stage and cut a scathing promo, just so we can get extra buys, you know? The crowd blew up even more when I got up there and stood at the mic. "I've never finished second in anything in my life. I'd like to know whoever the hell counted those votes, go ahead and stand up so I can take a good look at ya." I said and I looked over at Lovlina Borgohain, who won the award.

"I wonder what your phone bill was every time you called in and voted for yourself because there can't be no way that I didn't win this award."

She said something to me in response, but I couldn't hear it, "Shut up, You remember this, with the snap of my fingers I could come out there and take that Middleweight Championship right from your ass. Moving on to bigger fish in the pond though, Geovana Peres. At the Final Four, you made the big comeback. And with the biggest lucky second.....4 seconds of your life, you beat me. And at Ground Zero, you will feel the wrath of The Crippler, because I ain't had a good night of sleep since that night! Ground Zero, The Crippler rules. I set the world on fire in '18 and you can damn well bet your bottom dollar the WBF Super Middleweight title, OR the Middleweight title will be mine 'cause there can be no other way!"

Again, the crowd popped big time and I walked off to sit down and watch the rest of the show. Many other awards were given, but the one that everyone was waiting for was the 'Best Fighter'. The nominees were Katie Taylor, Jessica McCaskill, Hannah Rankin, Erika Cruz, and myself. "The winner of the award for the best fighter is....Bailey Wilson!"