"What the fuck is going on?"

Bailey's POV.

After we finished our dates in Canada, I was given some time off. So I went straight back home to D.C., unfortunately the NWSL season started so Kelley is away in Utah, and I'm here in D.C.

One NWSL match was on TV, so I sat on the couch with a beer in hand. It was the Portland Thorns playing Utah Royals FC, and my eyes were glued to the screen. I knew Kelley was playing, and I wanted to see her.

The game was back and forth, Sophia Smith was pretty much blowing through Utah's midfield, but Kelley was holding her own. Whenever Sophia had the ball, Kelley was right there with her, trying to dispossess her. I grinned, proud of my girlfriend for handling herself so well against the best player in the league. I went through multiple beers before the 45 minute mark, and I was buzzed, and feeling wet down in my panties.

Suddenly a knock at my front door. I got up and opened it, and it was my ex-girlfriend Jenna. We had broken up a few months ago, and somehow she found out where I lived. I tried to close the door on her, but she stopped it with her foot, "Come on, Bailey. Let's talk," She said, her voice full of sadness.

I sighed and stepped aside, "Okay, come in," I said, as I walked back to the couch.

"So, what do you want?" I asked, still keeping my distance.

She shook her head and sat down, "I just wanted to talk. I miss you and I'm sorry for the way things ended."

I nodded, "Yeah, me too. But, I'm with Kelley now, and I'm happy."

Jenna bit her lip, "I know, and I'm happy for you. I just wanted to apologize, and let you know that I still care about you." She then suddenly reached forward and grabbed my hand, and I felt a spark go through my body. "I still love you, Bailey," She said, her voice full of emotion.

I felt my heart racing, and my body yearning for her touch. I was confused and scared, but I managed to find my voice, "I don't know what to say. I care about you too, but I've moved on now," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

Jenna nodded and let go of my hand, "I know, and I'm not asking you to leave her. I just wanted to let you know how I feel, and that it still hurts," She said, her voice full of sadness.

"How does it still hurt when you were the one who cheated on me? I was nothing but loyal to you," I said, my voice full of anger.

Jenna nodded, "I know. I was stupid and wrong, and I regret it every day. But, I can't change what happened, and I just wanted to apologize and be honest with you," She said, her voice sincere.

I sighed, "Okay. I accept your apology," I said, my voice still full of anger.

Jenna nodded and got up, "I should go. Take care, Bailey," She said, before walking out of my house.

I sighed and sat back down on the couch, feeling confused and scared. I just sat there for a few minutes, trying to make sense of everything, before I heard the final whistle of the NWSL match. Kelley's team won and I smiled, proud of her. Vince then called me suddenly, "Yeah? What's up?"

He just laughed, "We got a few shows around Kansas City and St. Louis coming up. The pay-per-view in Kansas will be the one with your big fight against Savannah Peters. I'll send you the details along with the flight info."

I nodded, "Sounds good. See ya," I said, before ending the call. Brooke then got hold of me and sent me a pic of her and her 2 children along with Jeff, her husband. I smiled and sent her a text, "Aww, you guys look so cute. Tell them I said hi."

She replied, "Will do. See ya in Kansas in a few weeks! Can't wait for that fight!"

I sighed, "Me neither. See ya soon," I said, and then I get another phone call, this time it's Hailey. "What's up sis? How's it going?" I asked.

"Good, just wanted to check up on you. Haven't heard from ya since New Years," She said.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. Just been really busy with training and all," I said.

"Ah, I get it. Well, I'm happy for you. So, how's Kelley?" She asked, and I could hear the curiosity in her voice.

I smiled, "She's good. We're both doing great. Still making this long distance thing work."

Hailey laughed, "That's great. You two are so strong. I'm proud of you, sis."

I smiled, "Thanks. I'm proud of us too."

We talked for a few more minutes before I had to go and get ready for bed. I said my goodbyes and ended the call, feeling more at peace than I had in a while. I smiled, and went to bed. My 6am alarm went off and I got up, feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day.

***********************

All of us arrived at baggage claim after landing in Kansas City. We were all pretty excited to finally be there. There was a little scrap between Peyton Hughes and Lauren Richards, and here was Brooke, egging them on, "Oh, here's Peyton! I think she's gonna get her ass kicked!"

After arriving at our hotel we were booked at, we all headed to a fellow WBA legends home for a cookout and BBQ. Melissa Jenkins always has the WBA roster over when we're in Kansas City and it's always a great time. We laughed and ate and caught up with each other and old friends. Melissa always cooks up a big pot of chili, and I noticed Brooke snoop around the kitchen. Knowing her, she's planning something.

"Want some chili?" Melissa asked me when it was ready.

"Sure," I said, and everyone else except Brooke said yes too.

My suspicions were immediately correct after a few minutes, when everyone's mouths were burning. She clearly spiked it since she had the biggest shit eating grin on her face. "Fuck!" My mouth burned so badly, and I was coughing too. Everyone was in the same boat, Brooke thought it was hilarious, but Melissa had the last laugh as she got Brooke back by tasing her.

After the chili fiasco, we all stayed up late, playing video games and just hanging out. Finally around 4 am, we all said our goodbyes and went to bed. I couldn't fall asleep right away, my mind was racing with thoughts of the fight the next night at the pay-per-view named, "Vengeance," and what could go wrong.

I eventually drifted off to sleep, and woke up early the next day. After a light breakfast, I went to the gym with Brooke, the two of us sparring and going over my strategy for the fight. We worked up a good sweat, and I felt ready for the big night.

We all got ready and headed to the venue. The crowd was already screaming and the atmosphere was electric. Tonight is gonna be a good night. The show eventually started and you could hear the crowd popping while in the locker room along with the pyro and lights. I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath. Brooke was geared up for her match against Peyton Hughes, "Good luck," I say, giving her a hug.

"You too," she says, before heading out.

The match started and I went back to the locker room to get ready for my match which was after Brooke's. I was feeling the adrenaline pumping through my veins, and I had a huge smile on my face. I was ready to go out there and fight. Then suddenly, I heard some of the road agents screaming, "EMT's! EMT's!"

My heart dropped, and I wondered what was going on. So I got up and walked out of the locker room into the backstage area where the curtain was and asked, "What the fuck is going on?"