"I've been wanting to do that since I first saw you."

Here we are! Chapter 9!

**************

Kelley's POV.

Today, I was getting ready for my date with Bailey. I was really nervous, and I didn't know why. I mean, we already talked through DMs a few times, and I managed to get through meeting her in person. But this is different, this is an actual date. I told Alex about it since she noticed I was nervous about something, and thankfully she promised to keep quiet about it. But then Sonnett and Allie overheard, so yeah, now 3 people know.

I decided to wear something really casual, just a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I didn't want to dress up too much, because I didn't want her to think I was trying too hard. I heard a knock on my hotel room door and I quickly walked over, butterflies in my stomach.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, and I was met with a beautiful sight. Bailey was wearing a pair of jeans and a tight fitting shirt that showed off her curves. She also had on a leather jacket and she looked absolutely stunning. "Hey, Kel." She said with a smile.

"Hey, Bailey." I said, "You look beautiful."

She blushed and chuckled, "Thanks. You look beautiful too." She said before gesturing for me to come with her.

We walked out and she led me to her car, a black SUV. She opened the door for me and I got in, and she got in the driver's seat. "So, where are we going?" I asked.

"I was thinking we could go to the park." She said.

"Sounds perfect." I said with a smile.

She nodded and started the car, and we drove to the park in comfortable silence. We got out and started walking, and we ended up at the playground. We sat down on the swings and started swinging, not saying a word.

But it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable. We finally stopped swinging and just sat there, and Bailey finally broke the silence. "I had a lot of fun last night, even though I got knocked out."

I chuckled, "Yeah, it was fun. I'm just glad you're okay." I said.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just gotta take it easy for the next few days." She said, We sat there in silence for a few more minutes before Bailey finally spoke up again. "I'm really glad you came with me to the hospital last night."

"Of course." I said, "You wanted me to come with, remember? Your concussion was really bad."

"Yeah, but I'm still glad you came. It meant a lot." She said before pausing for a few seconds, "Anyways, let's go get something to eat. I'm starving."

I chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, me too." I said as we got up and walked back to her car.

Bailey took me to some cheap, flashy restaurant that was obviously overpriced. But I didn't mind, I was just happy to be there with her. We ordered our food and started talking, and we talked for hours. We talked about everything, from our favorite TV shows to our families, childhood memories and everything in between.

We were really hitting it off, and I could tell that Bailey was really comfortable around me. She was even making jokes and opened up a bit more by showing more of her personality than she did the other night, and I found it really cute. I was feeling the same way too, I found myself feeling like I was at home, the feeling of finally being understood.

The two of us finally left the restaurant and Bailey drove me back to my hotel. We stood there for a few seconds, just looking at each other. I could tell that Bailey wanted to kiss me, and I wanted to kiss her too. But I didn't want to make a move, I wanted her to make the first move.

Finally, Bailey took a step closer to me and cupped my face in her hands before leaning in and kissing me. I kissed back eagerly, melting into her touch. We finally pulled away and just stared at each other, both of us blushing hard, "I've been wanting to do that since I first saw you." Bailey said.

I chuckled and nodded, "I know the feeling." I said before pausing for a few seconds, "Thank you for a really great date, Bailey."

"Thank you for coming out with me, Kelley." She said before leaning in and kissing me again.

She then left, and I went back up to my room. Sonnett and Allie instantly came over to my room and wanted to know all the details. "What happened? Where'd you guys go?

"Did you kiss?" Allie asked.

I sighed and nodded, "Calm down you two. I'll tell you tomorrow morning over breakfast. But yeah, we kissed." I said with a grin.

Allie and Sonnett squealed and hugged me before running back to their room. I just chuckled and shook my head before getting ready for bed. I was really tired, and I had another busy day tomorrow. I quickly fell asleep, dreaming about Bailey.

The next morning, Allie and Sonnett were waiting for me at the breakfast table, eagerly waiting to hear about my date. I sat down with them and then Alex and Megan sat down with us too, along with Christen and Tobin.

"Okay, so we went to the park first and we just talked." I started, and they all nodded. "And then we went to this restaurant and talked for hours. We talked about everything, and we were really hitting it off."

"Get to the good part. Did you kiss? Who made the first move?" Megan quickly asked, and I chuckled.

"Yeah, we kissed. And we both made the first move. Well, she did." I said.

"Finally!" Allie exclaimed, "It took you long enough."

"Yeah well, we just wanted to make sure we were both on the same page." I said.

"And what page is that?" Christen asked.

"The page where we're both really into each other and want to see where this goes." I said.

"Aww, that's so sweet." Tobin said, and I nodded.

We all kept chatting until we went ahead and packed all of our bags. We've got our Victory Tour to do and the first game is at the end of the week in Seattle. So we're going to spend a few days in Seattle before we head down to Portland and then down to wherever the next game is.

We all hopped on the bus and we were off to the airport. I smiled to myself as I looked out the window, thinking about how 2019 has been an awesome year so far. We became 2 time World Cup Champions, and I got to meet the woman I've been crushing hard on for a year. Life is good, and I'm hopeful things will be a breeze for Bailey and I.

***************

Bit of a short one here, but hey, the wheels are rolling. 

I've got some potential ideas for future chapters, so some interesting stuff may come along soon. 

Big thanks to all who's read this story so far, I appreciate it.