"So, you gonna ask her out yet?"

Chapter 8 is here!!!

Enjoy.

****************************

Kelley's POV

"Am I in heaven?" I jumped slightly at the sudden voice and looked down at my lap to see Bailey was awake.

Some EMTs rolled in and did another concussion check on her, "Okay, Bailey. How many fingers am I holding up?" One of them asked as he held up 4.

"Uhhh, 3. No wait, um, 5."

The EMT nodded, "We'll have to take you in to do more thorough concussion tests." Bailey is helped up and she looks at me, with a freaked out look.

"Can my friend come with me?" She asked, gesturing towards me.

"Sure thing. We'll just need her to sign a waiver." The EMT said before leading us out.

We get into the ambulance and Bailey is hooked up to a few machines, and I'm sitting next to her, holding her hand. My phone went off as Bailey was telling a joke to the EMTs and I saw it was Allie.

Where are you? Are you still in the backstage area?

I quickly typed out a response.

No, I'm in the ambulance with Bailey. She got a concussion from the fight and she wanted me to go with her.

I hit send and Allie instantly responded,

Ha! First date already and not one of you has made a move?

I chuckled and shook my head as I typed out a response,

Shut up. I'll let you know when we get to the hospital.

I hit send and put my phone away, just in time to hear Bailey finish her joke. "So the doctor says to the man, 'I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that you're going to live a long and healthy life. The bad news is that your penis is going to be 3 inches long when you're erect.'"

The EMTs chuckled and one of them said, "That's a good one."

"I know, right?" Bailey said before looking at me, "What do you think?"

I smiled, "I think you need to rest." I said.

"I think you're right." She said before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

The ambulance ride seemed to take forever, but we got there in the end. Bailey was put in a room and had to wait, so I was sitting there with her in a room. Suddenly, her phone started ringing, breaking the silence. She checked who the caller was and her face lit right up.

"Hey sis!" She said before pausing to listen, "Hey, you know how Kelley O'Hara is your favourite soccer player? I got her here next to me. No Hailey, she's not my girlfriend, I just met her in person last night. I'll put you on speaker. Hey, Kel, this is my sister Hailey."

I smiled, "Hey, Hailey." I said.

"Hey! Oh my god, Kelley O'Hara is on the phone with me!" Hailey said, quickly sniffing, "Oh god, I'm not crying over you or anything. Watching Bailey go down like she did just really upset me."

I chuckled, "Don't worry, she's tough. She'll be back in the ring in no time." I said.

"Yeah, I know. She's always been a fighter. Just like me! Bailey would've mentioned me being sick for pretty much my whole life, huh?" Hailey said, and Bailey nodded.

"Yeah, she mentioned it." I said.

"Did she tell you about how she used to sneak into my room and sleep next to me when I was younger?" Hailey asked, and I shook my head.

"No, she didn't." I said. I looked at Bailey and she was facepalming. I found it quite cute.

"Well, when I was younger, I was really sick. I had cancer, and I was in and out of the hospital a lot. Bailey was only 8 when I was diagnosed, and she was really scared. So sometimes, she would sneak into my room at night and sleep next to me, just to make sure I was okay." Hailey said.

"Aww, that's really sweet." I said.

"Yeah, Bailey's always been a sweetheart." Hailey said, "She's also really stubborn, and once she gets something in her head, she won't let it go."

I chuckled, "Yeah, I noticed that." I said.

"But she's also really loyal and protective of the people she cares about." Hailey said.

Bailey grinned and quickly interjected, "Okay sis you can stop embarrassing me now. Were you upset over what happened earlier? You were crying."

"Yeah, I was. It just really upset me to see you go down like that." Hailey said, "Like, yeah I've seen you get knocked out a few times before on TV, but just seeing you twitching when you were on the mat actually scared me. And it scared mom and dad too."

"Aw, I'm sorry I scared you." Bailey said, "But me scaring dad? That's a first."

Hailey chuckled, "Yeah, he was really upset. It was that bad that he stopped drinking his beer for a good few minutes."

Bailey and I grinned as Hailey continued, "But yeah, I was really upset. But I'm feeling a lot better now that you're okay. I know you're tough." Hailey said, "So, you gonna ask her out yet?"

"Hailey!" Bailey exclaimed, "We only just met in person last night. We've been talking online, on and off for a few weeks."

"So? You've been talking to her for weeks, surely you know everything about her. Just ask her out." Hailey said.

"I don't know, Hailey. I don't want to rush into anything." Bailey said.

"Stop being a chicken." Hailey said, "I know you don't want to get hurt again but I know you're stronger than that. Just ask her out."

Bailey sighed, "Fine. Hey Kel, you wanna go out on a date with me tomorrow night?" She asked.

I smiled, "I would love to."

"Hey! I wanna come too!" Hailey exclaimed.

"Hailey, no." Bailey said.

"I was joking." Hailey said, "But seriously, tell me all the details."

Bailey and I talked for a bit longer before she finally got called in for her concussion tests. She was there for nearly an hour. Allie, Alex and a few of the girls on the team came over to the hospital when I messaged them.

"Hey, how's she doing?" Allie asked as she walked into the waiting room.

"She's fine, just has a concussion." I said.

"That's good." Alex responded.

I nodded and sat there, thinking about this date. Kind of crazy knowing that her little sister forced her to ask me out. I guess I should be thankful that she did, because I really want to go out with her. We talked for a bit longer before Bailey finally came out.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Allie asked.

"I'm feeling better." Bailey said, "I just have to take it easy for the next few days."

"Okay, well we'll let you rest." Alex said before gesturing for us to leave.

I got up and hugged Bailey goodbye, "I'll see you soon." I said.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She said with a smile.

*******************

Things are heating up!

The next chapter will be up with a few minutes from uploading this one, and maybe tomorrow the one after that might be up. Anyways, again, thanks for the reads!