"Go team!"

Kelley's POV.

Stretching my limbs, I let out a yawn as I open my eyes. The light shining through the window hurts my eyes and I quickly close them again. I slowly get out of bed, and Alex is already up, on her bed, reading a book.

"Morning." I say as I walk into the bathroom.

"Morning." She replies.

I do my business and then walk back into the room. "I'm going to go take a quick shower." I say as I head into the bathroom.

I strip down and get into the shower. The hot water feels really good on my muscles and I just stand there for a few minutes, letting it relax me. I then start washing myself and I'm quickly done. I get out and get dressed in some sweatpants and a tank top.

I walk back into the room and Alex is on her phone. "Talking to Servando huh? How's he doing?" I ask as I sit down on my bed.

She nods, "He's good. He's just missing me."

I roll my eyes, "Of course he is. You're amazing."

She blushes, "Thanks."

I grin, "Anytime. Now, let's go get breakfast. I'm starving."

She nods and we head out. We go to the hotel breakfast buffet and load our plates up with food. We then find a couple of seats and are about to eat before Sonnett, Lindsey, Tobin and Emily come over.

"Hey, can we join you?" Emily asks.

"Sure." I say with a smile.

They all sit down and we all start chatting. We talk about everything and anything and I'm really enjoying myself. I'm so glad Jill called me up. It's been really good for team morale having all of us in good moods, better than having some random issue that divides the team.

After breakfast, we all go get our gear as the entire team boards the bus to head to the stadium. During the ride, Bailey texted me, wishing me luck. I smiled and put my phone away.

We got to the stadium and did our usual pre-game routine. I then went out onto the field and the game started. We were playing really well and we were putting up pressure on Canada.

"Ertz!" I yelled out to Julie, marking Sinclair. She tried to make a move around me, but I was able to keep up with her. I then stole the ball from her and took off down the field.

I could see Alex out of the corner of my eye and I made a beeline for her. I then passed her the ball and she took off towards the goal. Kailen was able to make a few good saves, but Alex was able to put one past her and into the back of the net.

We all celebrated and I ran over to Alex, hugging her tightly. "Good job." I said with a grin.

"Thanks." She said, returning the grin.

We all went back to our positions and the game continued. Sinclair and Fleming were both putting up a good fight, but we were able to keep them contained. I went in for a slide tackle on Sinclair and I got a clean hit on the ball.

Unfortunately, she flopped and the referee blew his whistle, calling a penalty. He ran over as an argument between me and Sinclair broke out, "I didn't even touch you!" I yelled at her.

"No, but you were in a position to where you could have." She said with a smirk.

"Bullshit." I muttered under my breath.

"Kelley, calm down." Ali said as she put a hand on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath and nodded. The ref gave me a warning and then signaled for the penalty kick. I gritted my teeth in frustration as Fleming stepped up to take it.