Chapter 40 (omg)

(Phil's POV)
Dan left earlier this morning. I told him he could stay for a few nights if he wanted to but he said he needed to talk to his mum and he had to wake up early tomorrow for this therapy appointment.

Dan doesn't have to go to school because while he was in the mental institute

I was counting down the days until school is over: 4!

It is really hot now so I finally started to wear khaki shorts, even though my legs are gross and pale. Dan stuck with his long pants though because he said one time his shorts and boxers came up a bit while sitting and people saw his scars. He hasn't relapsed since last week the day after he came home so that was good.

My mom was casually whistling while cooking spaghetti and meatballs. I sat down on the stool and waiting til she put the oven mitt down and turned to me.

"Don't ask for anything."

"I'm not, mum, I just wanted to tell you something..."

"Yes, dear?"

"Okay...soooo....err...I don't think I'm bisexual anymore."

"Okay." She smiled and started to turn back around.

"Wait, mum! Don't you want to know what I am?"

"You're a human being, you silly goose!" She laughed.

"You know what I mean."

"Just kidding around. Okay so what 'are you'?"

"I think I'm gay."

"Okay? Now please excuse me as I get back to cooking."

"Hurry up! I'm starving." I left the kitchen and went out onto the back patio. I hooked my phone up to the speaker and sat down on one of the lawn chairs.

"Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi, and that Donna..."

"-Karan, they be sharing." I heard a female voice sing.

Blood flushed into my face and my eyes widened. I swung around and saw Dani literally on the floor, dying.

I ran over to her and flicked her on the thigh.

"How long have you been out here?" I asked.

"Since you came out. Your parents led me around the gate."

"Do not tell anyone about this."

"I actually got this cute little video and just texted it to Dan and he-"

"YOU DID NOT!"

"Oh, but, yes I did." Dani smirked.

"HOW DARE YOU!?"

"I'm kidding. I didn't take a video."

"I hate you."

"I hate you more." Dan countered, blowing me a kiss.

"But, anyways, I came here to tell you why Hayley broke up with Dan."

"Did she tell you?"

"Yeah", Dani took a deep breath, "She said she was jealous of you...and...Dan."

"Me and Dan?" I asked, puzzled.

"She said it seemed like you guys have a thing." Dani said quietly.

"Oh." I muttered, feeling guilty and adverting my eyes to the concrete underneath my feet.

"Phil? Are you okay?"

"Yeah...but...well, yesterday, Dan and I kissed." I told Dani quietly.

Dani gasped and grabbed my hands and jumped up and down.