Chapter 36

(Phil's POV)
After Dan's behavior, I decided it was best to not pester him and to let him cool down.

I drove my mum's car to Dani's house and grabbed the box with the corsage in it. I walked up her stone pathway.

I adjusted my suit and fixed my collar. I took a deep breath as I rang her doorbell.

A tall, bald, stocky man answered the door. He smiled and wow, he was a twin of Dani. Except much older and of the male gender.

"Hello. You must be Phil. I'm Danielle's father, but you can call me John." The man said.

He held out his hand for me to shake. He had a firm handshake and I smiled.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked, quietly, kicking around some dirt with my shoes.

"I'm doing very well, thank you. And you?"

"I'm doing well also."

"Come on in."

I walked past Dani's dad into her house. It smelled like Vanilla and lavender. A lady with brown, curly hair, similar to Dani's but less bouncy, came around the corner.

"Ooh! Hello, Phil!" She greeted running up to hug him. He froze for a moment before he awkwardly put his arms around him.

"Oh, why, how rude of I! I'm Jane." Dani's Mum introduced.

"Phil, obviously." I laughed.

"Mum! I look weird!" I heard the teenager-y, youthful voice of Dani.

"Shut up, Danielle. You look absolutely gorgeous." Jane said.

I heard the click-clacking of high heels on the wood stairs and looked up to see Dani coming down the stairs. She was wearing a deep blue dress with was sleek and long with blue stilettos. Her hair was pulled to one side in luscious curls with a white flower on the side.

Dani smiled and waved at me. She pulled up the bottom of her dress as she walked down the steps carefully. Once she got to the bottom, she ran to me and we hugged tightly.

"Hi."

"Hey." I responded, trying to sound as calm and collected as possible.

"Let's take some pictures!" Jane cheered. Dani and I followed her into the back yard and next to the pool area.

In the first picture, I stood behind Dani and put my hands lightly on her hips. In the second, I wrapped my arms around her waist and held my other hand. In the third, our pose was next to each other with my hand on her waist.

After the took double and triples of each pose, I mentioned we should probably get going.

Dani said bye to her parents and I saw her dad tell her how beautiful she looked and he looked like he was about to cry.

"Okay, you crazy kids. Have fun. I'll wait up for you. No kissing." She laughed.

"Oh no Dani-" Dani gave me a signal saying 'don't'.

My eyes widened as I looked at her parents looking at me expectantly.

"-is responsible." I concluded, almost breaking out in a sweat.

Her parents looked a little confused, but the wiped the expression of their faces and replaced it with smiles.

They waved as we pulled at of the driveway.

"You look stunning." I complimented.

She said, "You look very handsome yourself, Phil."

Dani furrowed her eyebrows as we drove right past Dan's house, "Isn't Dan coming with us?"

"No. He's acting moody and doesn't want to go to prom." I sighed.

She pouted, "Aw. Hope he feels better."

I nodded.

Once we got to the hall, I helped her out of the passenger seat and we filed into the building. I bought tickets for the two of us and we walked into the venue.

It was ocean-themed and it looked really cool with all the jelly fish, coral, and nights. The prom committee actually did good for once.

Since everyone was just getting there, nobody was dancing and they were instead just speaking to their friends. I caught a glimpse of two guys in matching suits.

"I'll be right back." I said to Dani. She nodded. I walked over.

"Hey guys."

Chris said, "Hi Phil!"

"Hello. Where's Dan?" Questioned Pj.

"He's been being very moody and he didn't want to be here." I explained.

"Seriously? Why? That's not like Dan." Pj said.

"Well I better get back to Dani. See you two later." I left and went back to where Dani was. I looked around and spotted her at the punch table pouring herself a glass. I went over to her and poured myself a glass.

Dani and I sat down at a white table-clothed table and drank our punch. I pulled out my phone to text Dan.

Phil: Hi Dan. Are you ok?
Dan: Piss off
Phil: Don't be so difficult :( What's your problem?
Dan: I don't know
Phil: How do you not know???
Dan: I'm confused at the moment, Phil! My god, be supportive.
Phil: Confused about what?
Dan: Nothing. Just please leave me alone to think.

"Phil, do you want to dance?" Dani asked. Phil looked up to see everyone slow dancing. He dropped his head back down to his phone to continue to text Dan.

"What about now? Do you want to dance?" Asked Dani, twenty minutes later at a fast-paced song.

"No, I'm busy, Dani." I said, annoyed.

"Whatever, Phil. Come get me when you want to leave." Dani walked away to the other side of the hall.

Phil: Please talk to me Dan.
Dan: It's too hard. I can't.
Phil: Then forgive me if you won't communicate. I love you Dan. I can't lose you.
Dan: You love me? What?
Phil: Of course! I love all my friends!
Dan: Oh yeah same I guess
Phil: :)
Dan: I'm going to night. Cya.
Phil: G'night xx

"Who're you texting?" A deep voice said, startling him.

He looked up to see Jack Barakat sitting in the chair next to him at the table.

"Just my friend."

"Which friend? They put me pretty special to you to put two kisses." Jack asked.

"None of your business." I said.

"Come with me, Phil." Jack said grabbing me by the arm and dragging me into the empty lobby.

He forcefully slammed me against the wall and my vision black out for a moment.

Held held my arms above my head, squeezing my wrists so hard I thought my veins would pop.

"Who were you texting?" Jack demanded, pulling me slightly away front the brick wall, to push me back in.

"D-Dan. Dan Howell." Dammit. I shouldn't have said that. What if he harasses Dan?

"Ohhh. Dan. Okay, thanks for the info."

"Please. Don't hurt him." I croaked.

"Don't worry I won't hurt HIM." He laughed.

***
A/N: Dang, I'm on a roll with updates. Anyways, Jack is back (hey that rhymes) and there's going to be lots of drama with him so yeah.

Everyone of you is beautiful and I hope you know that. If you don't, I'm telling you now. And thank you so so so much for reading this story. It's definitely helped my developing writing. And I can only get better after this story!I love every single one of you; you're perfect.

-Juliette xx