chapter 41

(Phil's POV)
I sighed the next morning when I realized I had to go to school. I tiredly put on a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I don't like basketball shorts and I was pretty sure Dan left them here but they are comfortable though, so what.

I went downstairs and made myself a breakfast sandwich. I was not looking forward to seeing Jack because he keeps trying to text me but I blocked his number. I've been successful this past week of ducking everytime I see him so hopefully that works again.

him so hopefully that works again.

Dan☺️: Have fun at school today xx
Phil: ihy
Dan☺️: ihy2

When the clock reached 7:15, I grabbed my backpack and left the house. I listened to FOB as I walked down the street. I saw Chris ahead of me so I called out to him.

"Oh, hey, Phil." Chris smiled.

"Hi."

"Haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah. Where's Pj?" I asked looking around. Pj was always on Chris' arm.

"He's away on vacation this week."

"Oh where did he go?"

"Disney World in Orlando, Florida." Chris replied.

"Oh. That's fun."

"Yup."

"So what's new?"

"Not really much at all. How's Dan?"

The mention of his name caused my eyes to drop down to my feet, "He's doing quite well. Recovering well."

"That's good."

"I'm having a party Friday, the last day of school. You and Dan should come!"

"Who's going?"

"I invited the whole school. I don't know who's actually going to come."

"Are your parents gone this weekend?"

"Yeah. They're going to the boat for the weekend."

"Nice."

"Can you get the alcohol?"

"Uh...well...I don-"

"Thanks!"

"Erm...no problem. What types?"

"Vodka, club soda, bear, wine, all that junk. And don't spend too much. If these people are wasted, they won't pay attention to the taste."

"I'll grab the solo shot cups so don't worry about it."

"Alright."

I have no way to get the alcohol! I don't have any older siblings that can get me some and I don't have a fake ID...

When we reached school, we departed due to our first mod classes. I saw Dani talking to Hayley by the flag pole so I jogged to catch up to them.

"Hey Dani. Hey Hayley."

"Hey boo." Said Dani.

"Oh, hi Phil. Nice to see you." Hayley smiled.

Hayley continued nervously, "Is Dan okay?"

"He's doing okay. But why did you do that to him?"

Dani left with an awkward look on her face and waved.

"Dan likes you more than he ever liked me."

"How do you know?"

"Phil...he told me." Hayley said softly.