Chapter 43

(Dan's POV)
After putting on my maroon pocket shirt with different colored sleeves and black skinny jeans, I looked at myself in the mirror. I only now realized I forgot to straighten my hair. I gasped and ran to the bathroom.

As my finger tips wrapped around the brass knob the doorbell rang. I looked through the blurry window and saw black, long hair.

Ugh. I hate going out with my natural hair. I walked to the door and opened it slowly, trying to hide my face behind the door.

I blushed when I saw Phil was holding a bouquet of roses.

I reached one pale arm out of the door and grabbed them.

"Dan? Why are you hiding?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"Of course not."

I inches away from the door and looked down at the ground.

"Aw, your hair is curly."

"I had no time to straighten it."

"It doesn't matter. I think it looks adorable."

My face was beet red.

"Thanks for the flowers. I only feel slightly like a girl." I gave him a toothy smile.

Phil was wearing a green button up shirt sleeved shirt and black jeans. I couldn't help but notice how tinted pink his lips are. Does he use lipgloss?

"Come in."

Phil walked in and I just looked at him. Mum came down the hallway with a big smile and her huge camera.

"Picture time!"

"Mum!" I yelled.

"Oh, shush up, Daniel. It's your first gay date. Embrace it."

I groaned and Phil and I took a few pictures for my mom.

I handed my mom the roses and she said she'd put them in a vase for me. We left my house and Phil walked in front of me and opened the door for me to slide in.

"What are we doing?" I asked when he got in.

"You'll see."
***
The drive was about forty five minutes long and the whole way there, Phil had one hand on the steering wheel and his other was in mine. I could feel my hand getting sweaty once in a while but Phil didn't seem to care when I pulled my hand away to wipe my jeans.

I was pretty quiet the whole time as I listened hard to the lyrics of every song he played and looked outside at the scenery.

When we got three minutes away from the place, Phil told me to close my eyes and he opened the door for me and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the building. Once we were inside, he said I could open my eyes.

I gaped when I saw what this was. The sign above the reception counter read, "Los Angeles Sky Diving Team" in bold letters.

I smiled wide, "We're going sky diving?!" Phil nodded.

"That's awesome."

When we got to the desk, Phil checked us in and the gave both of us a big packet papers and wavers to fill out.

Once we were done, my hand was throbbing and my fingers were cramped. We handed them in and followed a guy with grey hair, probably about 40, into a separate room.
it was filled with suits, oxygen tanks, and goggles. Once we got fitted and put them on, Phil and I laughed when we saw each other since we both looked like huge orange marshmallows.

The grey-haired guy also changed into a black suit that was his own since he was part of the time.

We then went through an hour of instruction which was pretty boring but I know it would pay off in the end. The man, whose name in Brian, Phil, and I were all going together. The heaviest would be in the front and the lightest in the back meaning that would be me.