Beach tags & Luau (Chapt. 2)

(Phil's POV)

I opened my eyes and squinted. The sun was coming through the window right into my eyes. I got up and dressed into black skinny jeans and a purple shirt. I went downstairs and into the kitchen. Mum was cooking pancakes and eggs and dad was sitting drinking tea and reading a yahoo stroy on his laptop.

"Mornin, son." said dad.

"Good morning." I replied.

Mom turned to us and frowned at me.

"Phil sweetie. Why do you always wear long pants?" she asked.

I shrugged.

"I dunno. I don't like my legs." I admitted.

"Why not?"

"They are pale and hairless."

"What do you expect? You lived your whole life in the UK where it's always raining. And don't worry, honey. You just didn't get the hairy gene like your father which is a good thing." she said.

"Got it from my father." said dad, taking a sip from his tea.

Mum placed three plates of pancakes and eggs on the table and we ate in silence.

"Today we are going to hardware store and picking out paints and we are painting all today so we don't have to do it later."

***

I picked out a electric blue color because I love blue.

When we got home, i went into my bedroom and opened the paint can. The fumes diffused into the air. Yuck!

I rolled the roller and began to roll it onto my wall.

Three hours later, my masterpiece was finished. Four perfectly painted blue walls were now in my room. Immediately after that I hung posters of my favorite anime shows and a few doctor who stuff...

Mum came in and smiled, "Great job, Phil. Tonight your dad and I are going out. Are you okay here by yourself or do you want grandma coming over?"

"Mum. I'm seventeen not five. I can take care of myself." I explained.

"I know it's just I worry about you, Phil," she said, concern evident in her voice.

"I'm fine! I'm fine!"

"Alright. Bye. Have fun and be safe. I love you."

"Love you too." I mumbled and mum left.

I opened my macbook and watched some of my favorite youtubers. I always wanted to be one of them but never had the courage to make a video.

I got a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough icecream and decided to dive into the deep, dark world of tumblr.

***

I woke up and saw I was sitting in a puddle of white stuff. My eyes widened. Uh...i took the risk and covered my finger in it and sucked it off.

Icecream.

My laptop was open to a video of Alfie. I really enjoyed his videos.

I walked downstairs. I saw a note on the counter.

Dear Phil,

We have a banquet today for daddy's work so we will be gone. Be back at 6. Left $100 to do what you want. Be safe. I heard there's a luau tonight at the beach.

Love,

Mum and dad

I stripped out of my pants into a t-shirt and bathing suit trunks. I lathered on sunblock and grabbed a towel and flip flops and walked literally 70 feet onto the beach. I set my towel down onto the sand.