Chapter 34

(btw, im skipping a few months lol sorry)
(Phil's POV)
"Phil, come here. I have great news!" I rushed down the stairs, curious as to what the news could be.

"What is it?"

"Dan's getting out of the hospital in 3 days."

"Seriously?!" I yelled. She nodded.

"That's prom night. Dan really wanted to go."

"He still can. And you should go, too."

"With who?" I asked.

"Erm...that little cutie...Dani?"

"She's a lesbian."

"Oh for heaven's sake! As if I didn't know that. You two can go as friends."

"I guess so. I still need a tux."

"Here, I'll tell you what. We'll go out and get one." She smiled.

***

"Hello there, are you looking for anything specific?" An attractive young guy, probably about 25, asked us once we walked into the men's tuxedo shop.

"A tuxedo for my son and his...friend."

"Ooh okay, I got you. Follow me, please." This guy freaking winked at my mom! I blushed and followed the guy over to a section with Blazers, vests, ties, dress shoes, and black slacks.

"Do you have a piece of cloth in the color of your date's dress, or his tie?" I shook my head.

"No. I actually don't have a date yet so I think I'll just get a black tie."

He nodded. He went into the back room and took out a soft measuring tape and measured me.

Once he got the measurements, he picked out a white button up, black vest, black blazer, black slacks (with accentuating off-white pin stripes whoa...jk ignore this) , and black, polished dress shoes. He then got another set in the same measurements since we are the same size.

We thanked the man and went up to the cash register to buy the tuxedos.

I thanked my mom since the tuxedo ended up being quite a bit expensive and the older male behind the counter put the suits on hangers with a slip on top and we left the shop.

"Thanks mum, Dan'll really enjoy this." She smiled up at me. I grabbed my phone to text Dani.

Phil-Dani texting thread
Phil: Hey
Dani: What's up?
Phil: Guess who just got a tux?
Dani: No way I thought u weren't going
Phil: Dan and I got tuxes
Dani: Aww Dil <3 I ship it
Dani: Or Phan?
Dani: Nah, definitely Dil
Phil: lol no. Dan is coming back on prom night so we picked him up a tuxedo
Dani: And he's going with?
Phil: Hayley his girlfriend duh
Dani: Oh yeah...whoops xD
Phil: Are you going?
Dani: Idk
Dani: Going hunting. Gtg. Bye.
Phil: Omg no! Poor animals :(
Dani: Lol jk. I'm going to Walmart.
Phil: Same thing
Dani: Close enough xD
(AN: Very random IK sorry it's 2 am)

"Who are you texting, honey?"

"No one."

"You must've been texting someone."

"Okay...yeah I was. It was Dani."

"Oh did you ask her about prom?"

"Even though we aren't going together as dates I would still like to make it special for her. You only go to senior prom once."

"Phil?"

"Yeah?"

"You are a man of wisdom. Girls dig that."