Chapter 39

not edited sorry for mistakes

(Dan's POV)

I knocked on the door of Phil's house. I had a jawstring backpack with some clothes in it on my back. I heard shuffling around then the door opened. Phil stood in black pants and a blue tee-shirt. He invited me inside and I gladly stepped in.

"Hello." Phil said.

"Hi Phil." I said quietly as I kicked off my shoes.

I yawned, "Would you like to take a nap? I'm pretty tired myself."

"That'd be nice." I agreed.

Phil walked upstairs and I followed behind. It felt so nice being inside his house since I haven't been in here for so long.

He opened the door and I walked in. His room looked the same except that he added a few more posters if that was even possible.

Phil took off his jeans but kept on his shirt. I knew he wasn't very confident so I didn't say anything. I kept my clothes on, though, because I didn't want Phil to be grossed out by my scars.

I slid under the covers and Phil got in after me. He turned the other way, his back to me.

I brought my hand up then chickened out three times before I slowly and awkwardly wrapped my arms around his torso.

He laughed, "As if", and flipped up around so his arms were around me.

"You'll always be the little spoon." He whispered in my ear making chills run down my spine and goosebumps rise on my arms.

I closed my eyes and let sleep swallow me.

***

I woke up to the sound of Shakira's "Hips don't lie" being blasted in Phil's room.

I opened my eyes and saw Phil dancing to it and trying to swing his hips. I started cracking up and he jumped and scream.

His face was burning when he turned towards me. Before I knew what was going on, a pillow was being smushed into my face.

"I hate you!" Phil joked and I smiled.

"What time is it?"

"12:15 a.m."

"Jesus lord, now I'm not going to be able to sleep.

"Me neither."

"I'm hungry." I whined.

"Let's get some pizza."

"Are any pizza places even open?" I asked.

"Bj's Pizzeria is open 24 hours a day."

"Okay. Let's get the number." I looked it up on my phone on Google and we ordered a medium pepperoni pizza and cheese fries.

When we finished, a great idea popped into my head. Let's make some YouTube videos!

***

(Phil's POV)

C'mon, Phil, you can do it.

Just ask him. What's the worst that can happen? He can think I'm gross. He can think I'm weird. Or he may never want to talk to me ever again.

Dan looked at me with that adorable little crooked smile on his. We finished our food and we were now just watching an anime on TV.

Butterflies swarmed in my stomach. He was wearing a white shirt that flattered his nicely and blue skinny jeans. It was weird to see him wear blue pants instead of black, but they looked perfect on him.