Chapitre 33

(Phil's POV)
That night I logged on to facebook and saw I had a friend request.

Jack Barakat wants to be your friend

My eyes almost bulged right out of their sockets. Jack Barakat, the biggest dįckhead and my tutor wants to be my facebook friend?!

I accepted it obviously because I didn't want him to confront me later on why I declined.

Literally two seconds after that, I got a notification that I got a message. I clicked on the folder and saw Jack messaged me.

Jack: Hello Phil
Phil: Hi
Jack: What are you doing?
Phil: Nothing
Jack: Are you laying in bed?
Phil: Yea, why?
Jack: In the dark?
Phil: No, in the brightness -.-
Jack: Listen, kid. You better watch yourself.

I gulped and immediately logged off of facebook. I thought it was really creepy how he asked if I was laying in bed in the dark. Like who the hell asks that?

I reached over and turned out my bedside lamp and moved so the covers were over me.

Just as I closed my eyes, my phone beeped with a notification from the Facebook app.

Jack: Goodnight, Phil. Sweet dreams x

***
I woke up the next day. I was sweating buckets and my head was pounding like crazy.

"Errrrggh." I groaned and covered my head with my duvet.

I heard footsteps coming towards my room.

"Phil, are you up?"

I coughed and croaked out, "Mum, I don't feel so well."

She frowned and came over to me. She put her hand on my forehead and gasped, "oh, honey! You're burning up! I'm calling the doctor."

"Ugh. I hate the doctor's." I grumbled but my mom already left the room.

My doctor was such a creep. He wasn't actually like a sexual predator he was just so emotionless and weird. Ever since I was like ten years old, he would asked if I had sexual intercourse. I was literally ten. I've never heard of a ten year old having sex. Also during physicals when he would need to check my testicles. And yes, he said testicles. I always hated that word just...ew.

My mom came up and told me my appointment was at eleven. I checked the time and saw it was only 6:30 but I couldn't manage to fall back to sleep.

Oh! I know! I'll make a video! I've been slacking on uploading videos lately. I've been making small ones just saying why I haven't been posting. I never mentioned Dan ,though, I just blamed being busy and all.

I got my camera out from my bed side drawer and blew away the dust. Just kidding, I'm just being dramatic. It was one crumb from a bag of crisps I was eating last week. I pressed the on button but it was dead.

Ugh, this day can't get any worse.

I really was not in the mood to turn the house upside down searching for the charger so I just flopped back down on my bed.

Hm, what to do what to do.

My eyes landed on my cell phone on my table so I picked up my laptop and typed in "California state mental hospital"

I called the number and after a ring a lady answered the phone, "California state mental hospital, how may I help you?"

"Hi...um...is there any way I can talk to my friend Dan Howell?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but Dan is under special care at the moment and we can not let you talk to him."

"What do you mean special care?"

"Suicidal prevention program. Phone calls to certain people may be triggering."

"Oh...okay. Thanks anyway."

"Thank you. Good bye."

I ended the call and mustered up all my strength to hoist myself out of the warmth of bed and into the cool early spring morning.

I wrapped my superman robe around me and my adventure slippers and sluggishly moved down the stairs.

I looked in the mirror in my foyer. My hair was messy and all over the place, my face looked pale, and there was a blue tint around my eyes.

I sighed and combed my fingers through the rat nest above my head but it did me no good.

I opened the fridge and got out the milk and lucky charms. After fixing myself up a bowl, I sat at my kitchen table and began to chomp down. Since I was sick, I didn't have much of an appetite but knew I had to eat.

After that, I sat on the couch and watched some random cartoons until my mother came home for her middle-of-the-day break.

"Hi, you ready to go?"

I noticed I still had my green pajama pants on but since I was sick I didn't feel like getting changed. Doctors don't judge.

I nodded and my mom grabbed a granola bar and we went out to the car.

When we went inside, my mom signed me in and I sat on a chair. I noticed the magazines set up and the big green plants in the corner. It reminded me of Dan and I shivered.

"Philip Lester." The nurse called and I followed her into the door and into the hallway to check height and weight.

She then escorted us into a room and I sat down on the bed, the paper underneath crunching.

The nurse checked my blood pressure, temperature (which showed I had a temperature of 102 degrees), and my vitals.

She grabbed a light and held a Popsicle stick on my tongue and looked down my throat.

"Oh yeah. Very red and mucus-y."

The nurse touched her cold hands to my neck and I shivered and giggled. She said my glands felt swollen.

The nurse left the room and told us the doctor would be in shortly.

When the doctor came in, he smiled and sat down on the rolling chair.

"Hey Phil, what's up?" The doctor's thick Canadian accent said.

"I feel really sick."

"That's a shame. Your nurse, Helen said you had a fever and your throat didn't look so good, ey?"

I nodded.

"Okay, we're going to do a strep test. I'm going to swipe the sides of your throat with a cotton swab."

He grabbed a long cotton swab and told me to open my mouth. I did and he did two swipes on my tonsils.

He immediately put it into a solution and after five minutes, took it out.

"Positive." I groaned because I knew strep throat progressively gets worse as it goes on.

The doctor wrote down a prescription and sent it to our pharmacy.

My mom and I went out to the sign out receptionist office and I opened the jar and picked up a blue lollipop and a Cars sticker.

***
After picking up my medicine and stop Popsicle sticks to soothe my throat, we went home and I went up to bed. I logged onto facebook and saw I had a new message.

Jack: Where r u?
Phil: I'm sick.
Jack: I'll come over to yours.
Phil: I'm not in the mood to tutor. Sorry, Jack.
Jack: Fine. I'll come over to talk to you then.
Phil: About what?
Jack: Stuff.
Phil: Okay...
Jack Barakat logged off

Today's going to be a looonnngggg day.

***
A/N: Hii guys :) I'm sorry if these chapters seem boring and repetitive. I want Phan as much as everyone reading this but stuff has to happen before that so yeah
What do ya'll think of Jack? (I'm not even an ATL fan but I had to, lol)