Chapter 50: Cherry Hill Pointe

Kai's POV

It has been a month since Ava has died and a lot of time has passed by. The thought of her not returning has corrupted my mind but I still have faith that she will. "Have you guys searched Lathrup Village?" I ask, "Yes sir we have but we have yet to find anything" John replies. "What about Greektown, Bricktown, and West Side Industrial?", "We did but we found nothing". "Okay send a search team to Beverly Hills, you're all dismissed" I ordered, All of the men of the league left the room leaving Kai and Ermani."I don't know if we're gonna find her man" Ermani commented, "Come on we can't think like that, she's out there we just gotta try harder" I stated. "Okay, I'm with you" He says, " I'm gonna head to the park and clear my head" I reply. "Since when do you go to the park? Way to get your Zen on sensei" Ermani taunted, "Shut up". I get outside and walk to my car while lost deep in thought. As I approached my car I saw someone in a blue hoodie break the window and try to steal stuff."Hey kid! what the hell are you doing!" I yelled, The kid began to run but I started to follow him, after a couple of seconds he started to slow down. I catch up to him and pull him towards me but instead, I see her, it was Ava. "A-Ava?" She quickly escaped from my grasp and began to run away, I quickly started chasing her. She ran into an alleyway and by the time I came she was already gone.I ran back to the mansion without hesitation, I opened the door and still saw Ermani in the room, he turned his attention to me when he heard the door slam. "Yo what's wrong?" Ermani asked, "I saw Ava a while ago, I had her but I fucking blew it" I replied. "Wait, how did she look?", "Scared, she was trying to steal stuff from my car," I said. "Okay so now we know that she's back, we have to search this entire city area", "Yeah go gather everyone" I ordered. "On it" I watched as Ermani left the room and instructed the men to get ready to leave, suddenly Leslie and Marcy entered the room."What's going on?" Leslie questioned, "It's Ava" I answered. "Did you guys find her?" Marcy asks, "Yeah, Ermani is gathering the men to go search for her" reply. "Okay, now we wait and see what happens", "Yeah". ~~~~~Hours have passed and still no word from Ermani, I hoped that by now he would have found her. I get up and walk to the drawer on the other side of the room, I open it and pull out the blade that Garai used to kill Ava and stare at it. 'No more, this is the last time you'll ever kill Ava. I'll make sure of it' I swore, I then hear the room door open. "Focigeo", The knife goes flying behind me, I turn around and see the knife stuck in the wall right beside Ermani's head."What is it?" I ask, "We found her, she's in the bratva room." I quickly ran down the stairs and into the bratva room, I saw someone tied to a chair in the middle of the room with a white bag over their head. John removed the bag and that's where I saw her, my precious Ava. She had anger in her eyes, it was like she was ready to attack anyone in this room.I slowly approached her and that's when she set her eyes on mine, "Ava?". "Get the fuck away from me" She hissed, "Ava it's me, Kai" I said. "My name is not Ava it's Julie and I said back up, why am I here and what do you sick fucks want from me!?" she asks."A- Julie let me explain-", "Let me out of here!" She began to rock in the chair back and forth, trying to escape. "Please just hear me out for a second" I requested, "What?". "Your name is Ava Benyaga and I'm not here to harm you" I explained, " I said my name is Julie, get it through your thick skull!". "Your name is Julie in this life, Ava-", "Angk! Wrong, try again" she remarked. "Julie", "Winner winner" she says."You know me, we've been together for years now" I said, "No I haven't, what kind of sick game is this!?". "Okay um, you love painting in your spare time, you trained here to fight Ho'Zeah Ghul'' I alleged, "I Didn't!" She denied. "Do you remember Cherry Hill Pointe Drive?", "No why?"."It's where you used to live, there was a small club not too far from there that we went to for our first date. We both got drunk and went to your house. That night we made love to each other and that night was the night that we fell in love with each other. Can't you see Ava? I love you." I expressed, Julie sat there in silence for a couple of seconds before deciding to speak. " Look, I'm sorry but I'm not this Ava chick you're talking about, now please let me go" She pleaded, "I can't do that". "I AM NOT AVA!", "YES YOU ARE! You're just too stubborn to remember!" I yelled. "No fuck this" Julie began to rock the chair violently and tries to break free from the ropes. "Do you want me to sedate her, sir?" John asked, "Yes, but be careful". John and two other men walk over to Julie, the two men held Julie down while John injected the sedative into Julie's neck, Kai watched as Julie's body slowly shut down.Kai then exits the room and goes out the front door, he sat on the veranda and stared at the sky, Ermani soon joined him. "Look man, I know it was hard to talk to her back there but I can try to talk to her if you don't wanna go back in there" Ermani suggests, "It's okay I can handle it, we just have to try harder for her to remember her true self".