Chapter 48: Millions And Billions

By now they all have returned back to Detroit, Ava was so sound asleep but Kai woke her up. "Ava wake up", "What?" she asks. "Come on, morning ritual" Kai reminded, "Ugh couldn't you wait until I got up all by myself". "Frankly, no", "Fine" Ava jumps out of bed and into the bathroom, she digs through the drawers before pulling out a bottle of birth control pills, she opens the bottle and looks at Kai who's currently holding a gun to Ava's back. "Swallow it" Kai demands, "Do I have to-". "Do you wanna have to change diapers every two seconds?", "No" Ava replies, "Okay then I suggest you swallow it". Ava puts the pill in her mouth and washes it down with a glass of water on the sink, she opens her mouth widely and shows Kai."All done", "That wasn't so hard now was it?" Kai taunts. "Whatever", Ava walks out of the bathroom and sits on the bed. This was a normal ritual that they did every 1 to 2 weeks, "You know one day I won't be taking those anymore" She says, Kai walks over to the bed and lays on Ava's lap. "Yeah one day but for now I just want to enjoy some peace and quiet" Kai responded, suddenly his phone buzzed, he picked it up then sighed. "So much for peace and quiet", "Why? Aren't you supposed to lay low now that you're technically dead?" Ava asked. "I know but I still have a little work to do, not everyone knows I'm dead, I have to keep the money rolling in somehow" Kai explains."Yeah speaking of money, how much money in all do you make a year?", "Around 3.2 Million" Kai reveals. "Woah 3.2 Million dollars?!" Ava questioned, "Yeah why?". "You make it sound like it's not a big deal, that's a lot of money!" Ava exclaimed, "That's Because it's not a big deal,3.2 million a year is nothing compared to how much I have in my main bank account, which is about 70 billion dollars give or take" Kai announced."Holy shit! How many bank accounts do you own?" Ava queried, "Around 50 different bank accounts, all with a little over 2 billion dollars". "Kai, I didn't know you had that much money!", "No my love, we own all that money, Mrs.Varnava" Kai gets off Ava and gets ready to leave. "You know technically I'm not Mrs.Varnava yet, I could give you back the ring before the wedding and call it off" Ava ridiculed, Kai turns around and points his gun at Ava. " I'm sorry, what was that printsessa?" He asks, "Nothing! I was just saying I better get started on the wedding plans!" Ava replied. "That's more like it" Ava watches as Kai leaves the room, still stunned at how much money Kai claimed to have, she began booking stuff for their wedding.About 1 hour in and Ava was still busy planning, suddenly the door bursts open, it was Leslie."There she is! Mrs. Kai's wife!", "His last name Varnava fyi" Ava mentioned. "Whatever, what are you doing?" Leslie asked, "I'm just looking for a venue, flowers, cake, food and alot of stuff for the wedding". "But you forgot the best thing", "Which is?" Ava inquired. "The wedding dress, silly!", "Oh shit you're right, well you know me it's gotta be something cute, badass, and shiny" Ava conveyed. "Well what are we waiting for, Let's go get you a wedding dress!" Ava and Leslie quickly got out of the room and into the vehicle outside, with 5 protective escorts of course.They finally got to the store, they walked into the store and admired the dresses on display. One of the store workers walked up to them, "Hello ladies, do you guys need any help picking out the perfect dress" she asks. "Yes, my friend here wants a dress that looks cute but badass at the same time, super shiny and super chill" Leslie explained, "I think I might have some dresses in mind, my name is Marcy by the way". "Nice to meet you, Marcy" Ava says, "Thank you, follow me, ladies" They followed Marcy and began trying on dresses, they couldn't find the perfect dress that would make a statement."How about this one?" Ava gives Leslie a twirl and then looks in the mirror, "It's a bit bulky and puffy, I don't like the design at the bottom" Leslie comments. "Yeah but this is the last dress", "Not exactly" Marcy leaves the fitting room for a minute before returning with a pink duffle bag. "This was my best friend's wedding dress, she died in an accident a couple of weeks before the wedding" Marcy said, "I'm so sorry" Leslie replied. "It's okay, I was planning on giving it to her mother but I think it would look better on you, rather than being hung in a closet and collecting dust", "No I can't accept this, It's too kind of you" Ava says. "Please, I insist. Give it a try", 'Okay' Ava replied. Ava grabs the duffel back and walks into the back of the room, after a couple of minutes she walks back out in this majestic white dress. "Christ on a stick, you look so beautiful!" Leslie asserted, "All thanks to Marcy, again thank you so much" Ava gives Marcy a tight hug and pulls away."Okay so how much do I need to pay for the dress?" she asks, "Well technically since it's not in the store's system I guess it's free". "No, NO I can't accept it for free, please let me pay for it!", "Please I insist," Marcy says. "Thank you so much, I'm so grateful", "No problem at all". Everyone walks to the door to exit the store but Ava stopped, "Hey Marcy?", "Yeah?". "I was wondering if you would want to be one of my bridesmaids at my wedding? It's okay if you say no", "I'd be honored to" Marcy replies. "Great! I was also wondering if maybe you could come live with me and Leslie in our mansion, it would bring us closer together, what do you think?" Ava suggested, "Wait really?" Marcy asked. "Yes, it's the least I can do to thank you for the dress", "Yes thank you so much!". "No problem at all" Ava replies, "Yay! Another girl added to the group!" Leslie exclaims. "Okay, I need to go clock out and get my stuff, is that okay?" Marcy asks, "Yeah girl, take all the time you need". "Okay, what's the address?" Ava grabs a piece of paper and begins writing down the address, she then hands Marcy the piece of paper."Okay, I'll be there in a couple of hours, bye!", "Bye, Marcy" Leslie said, "Bye" Ava joined. Ava and Leslie exited the store, they were about to get into the vehicle but Ava then spots a lingerie store across the street, Leslie notices and follows Ava's eyes in that direction. "You know what I'm thinking about?", "I know exactly what you're thinking about," Leslie replies. "Wedding lingerie!" they synchronized. They quickly but carefully rushed to the store, they looked at a bunch of different lingeries but a specific one caught Ava's eyes. "Okay, how about this one?" Ava twirls in the white, partially see-through lingerie with pearls and a silver strap at the end. "Perfect!" Leslie replied, "Good Because I really wanna get home, Kai is probably there waiting for me already". "Yeah, let's go" They paid for the lingerie at the cashier and went into the car, and within a couple of minutes they were back at the mansion. Ava went to her room while Leslie went to hers, Kai was sitting on the bed while watching tv. "You're home late" he says, "Yup, I shopped and shopped and now I'm ready to drop into your arms" Ava puts the bags into her closet and changes into her nightgown. "What's in the bags?" Kai questions, "Don't even think about looking at them, you can't see them before the wedding" Ava warned. "Okay I won't, I promise", "Okay". Ava jumps on the bed and curls into Kai's embrace, "Goodnight", "Spokoynoy nochi moy dorogoy".