Chapter 58

LISA

"Good morning, everyone." Jennie entered the kitchen with a smile on her face while we were all already sitting at the kitchen table. Glad she could smile. What made her so happy? 

Luckily Anthony had sat down next to me. So I didn't have to be directly feel closeness. 

"What are you all up to today?" Anthony asked the group with interest. 

"I have to work." Liam said briefly before continuing to drink his coffee. 

"I have to do something." I curiously looked at Jennie. 

"What?" I tried as best as I could to suppress my mocking tone. Jennie looked irritated for a moment. 

"Not that important." 

"Okay." I said briefly. That was clear. He doesn't say anything to me either. 

"And you?" Anthony looked at me curiously.

"I don't know. I think I'll stay here. After we left so abruptly, I can't go over to Damon anymore."

"Damon?" Liam asked. 

"No longer? Have you been to his place often?" Jennie asked. Of course not, you dumbass...

"Yes, Eunhos's son. Very nice guy." I answered Liam's question. I didn't answer Jennie's. 

"Do you like him?" Liam looked at me with raised eyebrows. 

"He's nice, yes. He's easy to talk to."

"And-" Liam paused for a moment. "Was there more to it?" 

"Yes, was there more going on? I would be really interested in that now too." Jennie asked. Nice. She is jealous. I like it. 

"I won't say anything about it."

"Lalisa." Came from both of them at the same time while Anthony just watched excitedly. Is Jennie seriously considering this? God, she was stupid sometimes. 

"No, you jerks. Jennie, you should actually know that. I don't do that." 

"Why would Jennie know that?" Because we're together and I wouldn't cheat on her? - I would have liked to have said that. 

"Because she saw how dismissive I was towards Damon. He's nice, nothing more." I looked at Jennie again warningly. 

"Good if that were sorted out. I'll stay here with Lili." 

"Lili?" I asked in surprise. 

"Yes, your nickname." 

"Hey, I'm the only one who gives her nicknames!" Jennie mumbled. 

"How come?" I looked at Jennie with wide eyes. Did she really have to mention that?

"I- uh- we had a bet. She lost and the prize was that I got to give her any nickname I could think of." Liam nodded. 

"I have to go now." Jennie said, standing up. She didn't look at me again and just left the kitchen. 

"Me too. Make yourself comfortable." My brother also got up and left the kitchen. 

"So pretty. What do we do now?" Shrugging my shoulders, I stood up. 

"A movie maybe?" Anthony nodded. 

"Gladly." 

Together we sat on the sofa in the living room and started the film. It wasn't about watching a movie. Rather, I could think about how I could ask Anthony about Bella without being disturbed. I was more than aware that he wouldn't say anything to me as soon as he realized that I was completely clueless. 

"Anthony?" I asked slowly. 

"Mhm?" He looked over at me.

"Can we talk a little? I have something on my mind." Anthony paused the movie, which I didn't even know the name of. 

"What's wrong, little Lili?" 

"Jennie told me about a person." Better lie, Lisa! 

"A girl from her past, to be exact. Bella." 

"Lisa, you shouldn't do that with me-" I interrupted him. 

"No, everything's fine. She told me everything about her and I can handle it too." Anthony nodded. 

"I'm glad. I was afraid she would never talk about her, let alone that you would react so well to everything." 

"Yes, Bella was pretty..." 

"Yes, she really was and her character was one of gold. She was wonderful. Jennie was so lucky with her."

"Yeah, he was." Apparently my plan worked. 

"I just can't understand why it had to end. That wouldn't have been necessary." I said and got the conversation rolling. Hopefully I said the right words. 

"It really messed me up too. But Jennie... it probably hit her the hardest, not only because she lost her true love, but also her unborn child." 

For a brief moment, I felt the pain in my heart as Anthony described Bella as Jennie's true love. What was I? A lost love? 

Then I went through the sentence again: Unborn child? Jennie would have been a parent? 

"It was hard when she died-" Died? 

"I never thought she would fall for you like that. At the beginning, when you got together, Jennie was convinced that you would never get to Bella." 

A pang spread through my heart.

"I was pretty amazed that she would even date anyone again. Bella was the one. I- Lisa, are you crying?!" Hot tears streamed down my cheeks. 

"I'm just sorry, hearing something like that hurts. I would never hold a candle to Bella, I would never be so great, she has a personality of gold and looks beautiful, all of that just hurts." 

"Oh God, no. Lisa, you're marvellous. Jennie loves you. Bella... Yes, Bella was something special but it's in the past and you can't change what happened. You keep looking forward." 

"So I'm the replacement for her? The cheap replacement? Even Jennie says so!" 

"Lisa, no. She-" I interrupted him. 

"Don't tell her about this conversation. Otherwise we'll both get into big problems." 

I got up from the sofa and left the clueless Anthony behind. He didn't even know how much he had just told me that I didn't know. My vision was blurry as I walked up the stairs. I felt sick, cold and just wanted to go to bed.