Chapter 29

LISA

"So your lover is your bodyguard?" Damon asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jennie rolled her eyes and pulled me close. Hello? Was it still possible?!

"You get to know each other better if you're constantly squatting with each other." Confused, I looked up at Jennie, who had an arm around me.

As my eyes took in her face, I saw a totally different face. A face I've never seen I knew so much about her, not her looks, but rather her expression, because the usually so stiff lips, which were formed into a straight line, the eyes, which often only gave me condescending looks and her cheeks, which sat rather tightly in her face, all that was gone.

Now I saw that her lips curled into a small smile, loving, caring and respectful looks came from her eyes and her cheeks showed small dimples from the smile. This facial expression was so foreign to me that it hit me like a wave, but at the same time it felt incredibly beautiful.

"How cute you two are!" Sarah's squeaky voice stopped my thoughts.

"Yes totally." Damon sighed and addressed his mother.

"Can we eat now? I'm pretty hungry..." Sarah looked her son in the face a bit skeptically.

"If you've learned manners, I'm under the earth." Damon rolled his eyes, mumbling something and meanwhile went back to the table.

,,Please sit down! The food is ready." I nodded at that and sat down across from Damon, next to Leasly. Jennie sat next to Damon and didn't seem too happy about that as she grimaced briefly when she realized that there was only room left.

When everyone was seated, Eunho politely began to serve the food to everyone. I kindly thanked him when he first served me and waited for the others to follow.

At first there was silence at the table, only the soft noises in the mouth and the clinking of the plates enveloped the room. Actually, that was quite pleasant, since I was able to sort my thoughts about it a little bit.

It was so foreign to me. Jennie was more foreign to me than ever, even though we knew each other a little. Her face, everything about her was different, and it was only because Damon was suggestive to me? I didn't even understand why Jennie was pretending to be my girlfriend. I didn't even want that!

Does she want me to be alone forever? Sad and alone or what was her real mission?

At that moment I felt eyes on me. Did Jennie know I was thinking about her?

However, when I looked up, it wasn't Jennie looking my way, it was Damon. His eyes wandered all over my face, almost as if he were looking for something in particular. Even when I fixed my eyes on him and made it pretty clear that I found this odd, he didn't stop staring at me. He ate almost passively, so that it might not be noticed. I didn't really want to say anything that everyone would hear. Suddenly he made a face and cried out.

"Shit man!" He practically jumped out of his chair and rolled onto the floor, clutching his foot.

"Damon?! Are you okay?" Sarah called out in shock and rushed over to her son. Eunho just looked over skeptically and let his cutlery be put on the edge of the plate.

"What's the matter now?"

"That bum stabbed my foot with something!"

At first I didn't understand who he meant until I suddenly looked at Jennie. She looked at me and shrugged her shoulders listlessly.

"Who should have done that?"

"Well, that bum there!" He pointed to Jennie, who looked calmly at Damon on the ground.

"I didn't do anything."

"Do not lie! Look!" He pointed to his shoe, but there was nothing there.

"Well, what am I supposed to see now?" Stunned, Damon looked down at his slipper lying untouched around his foot.

"It can't be, I felt it exactly! You little-" But before he could even say the sentence, Eunho cut him off.

"It's enough, Damon! Don't make yourself any more of a monkey." Immediately after that, the room was silent. Only Damon's whining could be heard. Next to me, Leasly giggled slightly.

"He deserved that too." I smiled briefly and nodded slightly before I looked at Jennie again. At the same time, she looked into mine, so that our eyes met. With narrowed eyes I looked at her closely while she kept her face straight, as always..

"Damon, go upstairs and sleep or do something, but don't whine around here now." I heard Sarah say, half annoyed.

Snorting, Damon mumbled something before getting up and grinding up the stairs. When he was completely gone, Sarah turned off the floor in our direction.

"This boy is just too overdramatic.. We're sorry for what happened. Sometimes we really wonder if it didn't get stuck somewhere..." Sarah sat back at the table and continued eating as if nothing had happened.

We spent 2 hours with Eunho and his family before we decided to go home. Damon hadn't even been seen in those few hours. Which wasn't really that bad...

We said goodbye to the three before we started our way home. So as we strolled down the dark path, my questions came back to me now that we were alone.

"Jennie?"

„Hm?"

"What was that with Damon? What did you do?" A small smile crossed her lips.

"Well, where he's right, he's right."

"How am I supposed to understand this now?" Jennie suddenly stopped and looked at her shoes. I stopped too, confused.

"Do you know agent movies?" I immediately nodded. She slapped one foot over the other and there was a click.

"What?"

"Look at it." I looked at her shoes in confusion.

"Is that a needle?"

"Yes, there is a substance in there that causes you the greatest pain."

"But why?" I looked desperately at Jennie.

Why is she doing this to Damon?

"He was annoying." Were her only words before walking on.