Chapter-10

Back home, Sundays meant deep cleaning the entire house. My parents are clean freaks and as soon as the first sun ray fell on their bedroom window, they would get up to complete their chores. My mom and dad work for six days a week. Yes, they don't get Saturdays off but she says that it's better. Extra bucks you know.

Ever since I was a child, I have developed this habit of always throwing out the trash, tidying my bed, keeping my clothes folded and stacked in the cupboards, and always having a neat study place. Even after I moved out, I would get up early on Sundays and vacuum the entire room and pick up Beomgyu's litter. That man cannot be bothered to even fold his blanket.

Although the room was a bit small, I had started liking it. This is actually my first time having a roommate. When I was in school, I did have a couple sleepovers with Beomgyu but this is different. Sharing a space with him constantly for the next few years is so much different than spending a night with him. It was difficult at the beginning. Him and I both having different habits and living ways, but now I was used to everything. He is my best friend after all. He isn't that disgusting to the point that I couldn't stand him.

"My cute baby," A whiny Beomgyu cuddled Taehyun on his bed, "I love you so much, my sugar pie"

I change my mind. Beomgyu is definitely disgusting. Maybe not in the way he is living, but definitely in the relationship department. And Taehyun, well, let's just say that he is just like him. Disgusting.

"You better not do the nasty on my bed" with a last look at my now almost-empty corner of my room, I slung my backpack on my shoulder and picked up the huge wooden basket that held most of stuff and stood up, ready to leave for a week.

"I love you Soob" Beomgyu yelled.

"Thanks Soobin" Taehyun chirped.

I gave them a small smile and closed the door behind me.

I was walking down the stairs when I heard laughter erupt from the living room. Yeonjun and his friends were hanging out like usual, talking loudly about stuff that didn't really matter to me. However, something that Wooyoung said caught my attention.

I don't usually eavesdrop, because that's really bad. Imagine someone listening to everything you and your besties are talking about without you knowing? Criminal. But what can I say, the topic was highkey interesting.

"You don't lie, you loved her ass" Wooyoung chuckled.

"Naah, she was average" I heard Yeonjun say. "Changbin gets better pussy than I do."

Changbin laughed. "Because I am hotter"

I heard metal cans clink. They must be drinking beer.

"You remember Yeji?" Yeonjun said. "She asked me to bring you two tonight for this party at her friend's place."

"Ooooh, someone gonna smash huh" I could see Wooyoung smirk and tease Yeonjun in my head even though my eyes were in glued to the wall. That man has some iconic expressions.

"I think so" Yeonjun laughed. "What say? Wanna come?"

"If only Ryujin is there" Changbin said and the room erupted in laughter.

Before they could start talking about their sex activities in detail, I stepped out from my hiding spot and started walking as if I didn't overhear their conversation a minute ago.

"Soobin!" Wooyoung called out, enthusiastically jumping from the couch and coming over to give me a side hug. This boy is awfully friendly.

"Hi" I smiled, balancing my basket in one hand and holding him in another. Surprisingly, his frame is very small.

"Where are you going?" He questioned.

"To my room" Yeonjun answered in my place.

"Oooooh" he wiggled his eyebrows at Yeonjun who just rolled his eyes. "Finally its happening"

Yeonjun and I looked at each other, not knowing what his friend had meant.

"Why, if you don't mind me asking?" Changbin said, looking curiously at his best friend.

"My brother's boyfriend is here and they wanted their own space so I offered Soobin to share my room." Yeonjun explained to his friends who nodded. "It's just for a week"

Wooyoung's lips formed a pout as he understood what was going on. "And here I thought my ship was sailing" he mumbled.

"What was that?" I looked down at him and he simply shook his head.

"Nothing" he said, detaching himself from me. "Do you want any help?"

He pointed at the stuff in my hands. "Oh no, it's fine."

He smiled at me and patted my shoulders once before walking back to his friends and sitting down.

Yeonjun gave me a small smile and a nod before he went back to the conversation they were previously having. Not to look like a fool, I hurriedly trudged to his room, pushing it open and dropping my bag and basket on the floor, near the bed.

I looked around and realized that this was my second time in this room. And it looks the exact same as it had been that night.

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to sit on the bed because we had agreed that I would be sleeping on the extra mattress, but I guess he won't notice. He shouldn't because I'm only going to use his bed for five minutes. Yes, five minutes.

It's soft. The bedsheets are nicely tucked and the pillows lying neatly in one corner. His room smells like lavender today. I think I like it here. I like it more than I should have. Yeonjun even emptied some space in his wardrobe for me. How thoughtful.

I traced my fingers on the light brown sheets. I wonder if he forgot? I think he did. And to be honest, it's better this way. Becuase he might not like dating, but he definitely has a history with people. Which everybody does. I do too. And I think that there definitely is some truth to the rumors.

Yeonjun, are you really as bad as they say you are? Do you also not like commitment? I should be happy to have found someone who thinks like me but why, why does it hurt? Even if it's just a little bit, it hurts.

______________________________________

Happy reading!