Chapter-26

You know that uneasy feeling you get when you are trying to remember something but for whatever reason, nothing pops up in your mind even though it's somewhere hiding in a corner but your brain won't cooperate? It's as if you know what happened, you know every detail but your memory is foggy and all you can remember is that whatever happened was super embarrassing. That you were embarrassing?

Today I woke up in Yeonjun's bed and instantly I knew that something happened last night. Because why else was I in his bed? I'm sure I drank way too much and he had to carry me all the way to his room but why do I feel as if I'm forgetting a crucial piece of information? And whatever it was, it was something big because Yeonjun had been ignoring me since morning. Ugh, my brain hurts.

"Soobin? Earth to Soobin!"

Snapping back to reality, I adjusted my eyes on two faces sitting in front of me on the floor. Beomgyu and Felix were staring at me like kittens.

"Huh?"

Felix giggled. "You zoned out"

The three of us were hanging out at Felix's dorm room. Tonight is homecoming and Felix promised he would make us look hot with his magical makeup skills.

"I swear to god Felix if you make me look like a clown I'll chop off your balls."

Felix smacked the side of Beomgyu's head with the makeup brush and sighed. "Stop talking for fvcks sake."

"Who in their right mind paints their eyelids gold?!"

Felix sighed for the hundredth time in the last half an hour and put the eyeshadow palette down on the dressing table.

"I give up." He raised his hands in the air. "Be my guest and go looking like a boiled turnip. I give zero fvcks."

"Nooo, you promised to make me look pretty tonight." Beomgyu grabbed his hands and pulled Felix back to the floor. "Don't say that."

Felix sighed. "So shut up and let me do my thing."

Felix is incredible. As he claimed, he sure has magic in his hands. The way he applies all sorts of cosmetic products flawlessly, and sprinkles the just right amount of glitter on your eyelids, is magical. He enhances your natural features, making you look prettier than you have ever looked.

"You can open your eyes now."

Beomgyu fluttered his eyes open, gasping at the person in the mirror.

"That's me?!" He beamed. "Woah, Felix I love you, you are incredible."

Beomgyu gave Felix a tight hug and attempted to kiss his cheek, earning a slap from his friend.

"Get off me!" Felix laughed, pushing Beomgyu away. "I don't want your nasty lips on mine."

Beomgyu fake gasped and very dramatically put his hand on his heart, fake wiping an imaginary tear.

"I'm hurt." He said.

Felix hit him lightly on his shoulder, patted the empty spot in front of the mirror, and beckoned to me. "Soobin, it's your turn now."

I shifted to the spot and sat cross-legged in front of the big mirror, looking at myself. Honestly, I'm not ugly. But I'm not attractive either. I have pouty lips but they aren't that pretty or anything. Same for my eyes. They look very normal, common actually. My face altogether looks okayish but I'm curious to see how Felix would make me look. I have never done full face makeup, just lip tints and blush. I'm excited but nervous.

"You know," Felix started. "We don't have dates."

"Mine is in Korea," Beomgyu said, looking up from his phone.

"I'm not talking about you," Felix said, using an egg-shaped sponge to spread white liquid that I'm assuming is a foundation, all across my face. "I meant the two of us."

I'm still in my freshman year and this is my first homecoming that happens at the end of every semester, not just year. Which means two formal events every year. I didn't want to go but Beomgyu convinced me even though I don't have a date. Nobody in my group has a date, except Yungi and Woosan of course.

"Soobin can be your date," Beomgyu said smirking. "Eve though you have hots for Mr. Hulk, I think Soobin is the safest choice. What do you say?"

Felix dropped the sponge thingy on my lap and stared at Beomgyu with wide eyes. "W-what?"

"Everybody, he didn't commit a foul." Beomgyu imitated Felix's deep voice. "Changbin didn't push him, he tripped on air. Guys let's not fight, it's clear that Changbin won."

Beomgyu sat with his hands on his knees, laughing like crazy. "You think I don't notice that you are whipped for him?"

Felix blushed. "It's not like that" he started dabbing concealer on my face. "I don't- I don't like him in that way."

"Oh yeah, of course, you don't," Beomgyu said puckering up his lips. "You lob him."

"Fvck you!" Felix yelled, throwing his lipstick at him.

"Nope, fvck Changbin." I said, laughing along with Beomgyu and high-fiving him.

Felix rolled his eyes, trying not to react. "You have no right to talk Soobin."

"Do you want me to spill the beans-"

I lunged forwards and clasped my hand around Felix's mouth, shutting him up. "Don't you dare!" I whispered in his ear.

Beomgyu chuckled. "You talking about my brother aren't you?"

I sat staring at him, my mouth hanging open. H-how?

Beomgyu scooted closer to me and patted my shoulder. "Babe, you are my best friend. Of course, I knew."

I blushed. "Are you okay with it?"

"More than okay!" Beomgyu hugged me. "What's better than having Soobin as my bestie? As my brother-in-law!"

An hour or so later, we were ready to leave. I must admit, Felix did an amazing job. For once I look decent in a suit. Thanks, Felix.

We stood outside the hall, the cheers of students and music shaking the ground.

"Let's get you some hot men tonight!" Beomgyu yelled over the music and dragged us behind him.

Why do I feel so nervous all of a sudden? It's as if someone is watching me but I can't see them. Whatever, I'm probably just overthinking.

Come one Soobin, chill, and have fun tonight. You got this!

______________________________________

We hit 4K!!!