Chapter 3: Initiation

3rd POV

Courageous and Valorous briskly walked down the hallway of lockers. They were supposed to wake up early to get everything properly fitted and calibrated, but due to oversleeping, they were behind a tad bit.

"Hurry up!" Courageous told her brother. "Okie's already waiting for us!" She picked up her pace.

"Got it." Valorous began to move quicker. "Do you remember our locker numbers?" He asked.

Courageous slightly groaned. "Don't tell me you forgot yours..."

"No, I was just curious." Valorous replied while he avoided her gaze. "Do you?"

"I do. We're 343 to 346." She quickly replied, looking at the lockers they passed. "300. Okay, it's just over there, but where's Okie?" She wondered.

Valorous shrugged at the question. "Maybe he went to get Onwards back." He theorized.

"Thinking about it, he probably did." Courageous agreed just as they arrived. "Remember your code?"

Valorous quickly punched in a set of numbers before the door briefly sizzled and opened automatically. "Yup!" He looked upon his rebuilt rigging before grabbing it out.

His sister did the same thing and retrieved her rigging, analyzing the sealed plasma holes and refurbished turrets.

"I hope Hastings is happy." Courageous softly muttered before moving to put her ship on. "I know I am."

"We've got to visit her once this is over to thank her." Valorous said before his rigging magnetically latched onto his body, causing him to stumble slightly.

His eyesight distorted for a brief moment before his HUD activated. A thin blue bar filled up at the top, an ammo counter for his weapons in the top right, and a motion tracker to the bottom left.

"Always hated that." Valorous shook his head and focused his now keen vision on his sister, who was performing basic arm movements.

"Arms are good..." Courageous said before she twisted her waist and tried to walk. "...legs and back are green. I'm ready to go!"

Valorous smiled and stretched his arms into the air. "Ah, I feel so much better and a lot less naked."

"You could say that again." Courageous said with a smile. "Let's find Okie and Onnie."

Valorous giggled slightly. "Hah, Onnie..." He muttered. "He hated when we called him that."

The two frigates closed their lockers and walked down the aisle of lockers.

______________________________________

Onwards looked down at the strange rapier he carried. The hilt possessed four prongs that encased the revolver-like chamber around the ricasso in a manner somewhat alike a swept hilt.

"Hey! Don't ogle my weapon." Weiss demanded in a hushed tone as she snapped her fingers in front of him.

"Sorry, Frau Schnee." Onwards apologized and sheathed the rapier with his hand at his waist.

"Good. Now be quiet while I get Pyrrha Nikos on my team." Weiss said before she turned around to talk to the girl.

Pyrrha was a tall, muscular girl with long red hair and green eyes. She wore a brown overbust corset with a vertical strip of lighter brown in the center. Additionally, she wore an elastic, black, A-line mini skirt and brown opera-length gloves on both arms. She wore a red ankle-length sash that wrapped around her skirt

"So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!" Weiss attempted to smooth-talk the girl.