Chapter 25: Together For Victory

3rd POV

All across Vale, a battle plagued the once peaceful city and her people. Dozens of strike craft filled the sky as they ferociously clashed with each other, destroying any Grimm that would dare stray to close to a fight. On the ground, all available squads of Marines were being pushed to their limits all across the city as they attempted to alleviate pressure from the local law enforcement, huntsmen, students, and the few Atlesien Soldiers left.

Fortunately for the Marines, they wouldn't have to worry too much about Beacon thanks to the large group of students in the area, or so they thought.

Velvet groaned as she struggled to get up, only to get knocked back down when Coco bumped into her after getting knocked away from a Paladin nearby. Neon and Reese narrowly dodged and weaved between groups of students fighting against Grimm plus the Atlesian Knights and Paladins affected by the virus deployed. The rest of Team ABRN surrounds a Griffon attacking it with bullets and fireballs, as Bolin knocks a Knight aside. Reese spins her board and slices through another as she passes by it. Nearby, Sun and Neptune try to hold back a Paladin, while Nora and Ren decimate another group of Knights. Yatsuhashi is seen fighting another Griffon while Fox dashed over from a pile of robot parts. Two Creeps rush at Flynt, who used his trumpet to send the first one flying. Neon and Reese use their weapons to freeze a second Paladin's legs in place. Weiss, proudly displaying her lover's charm via necklace, then arrives on the battlefield and charges in but gets swatted aside by its arm as if she weren't a threat.

"Weiss!" Ruby reached toward her teammate.

Yatsuhashi tried to hold back a Paladin's fist with his sword, but he was overpowered and knocked back. The Paladin then turns to and starts approaching a distracted Ren.

"Look out!" Nora made the decision to push him out the way, taking the full brunt of the attack instead.

"Nora! No!" Ren reached out to her, only to be swept aside by the same Paladin.

Coco, Ruby, and Neptune fired their respective weapons at the approaching mech, throwing everything they had at it, yet the machine seemed unfazed.

"Uh, this is bad!" The blue haired boy exclaimed.

"Well, I guess now's a better time than any, Velvet!" Coco turned to her teammate.

Velvet excitedly perked up. "Really?"

"Just make em' count." Coco nodded.

The bunny faunus began to approach the Paladin alone.

"What are you doing!?" Weiss stood back up and shouted at the fashionista. "She's going to get hurt!"

Coco smirked and turned to the heiress. "Just watch."

Velvet held her hand out as her camera began to glow, forming a scythe just within her reach. Grabbing the copy of Crescent Rose, Velvet leaped into the air, dodging cannon fire as she imitates Ruby's overhead spin, she descends slashing at the Paladin. She then replicates Myrtenaster to deflect the Paladin's punch and land a few blows before pushing it back with an Ember Celica imitation. Once after she lands a few shots, she slides under the Paladin's fist, similar to Blake as she uses a Gambol Shroud copy and uses its string to trip over the mech, before moving to the second Paladin by lopping off its hand, and jabbing it in the head with the cleaver.

Before it can react, it is immediately peppered with holographic bullets, thanks to a copy of Gianduja. As it moves forward, Velvet switches to using Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang to counter a blow, as she lands another few hits while landing a downward blow from above with a copy of Magnhild, severing a limb.

As the first Paladin attempts to recover, Velvet immediately copies Floating Array, as she leaps off the second Paladin and slices apart its legs before blasting it at full power. However, the first Paladin sucker punched the bunny faunus before she could attack.