Chapter 29: Patchwork

3rd POV (it's a tradition at this point)

Slowly but surely, the days would tick by. With every passing day, the UNSC would continue to develop itself, dragging Remnant into the next phase of their civilization.

At this point, the Eagle had consolidated its sway over the kingdom-turned-republic, with worrying ease as well. New buildings had sprung up, autonomous mining stations, the quality of life has improved tenfold, and Grimm have become little more than nuisances than actual threats. They had devoted everything they had to hauling this nation up to standard, installing countless key installations and sites.

Especially the new communication network in place. Satellites now drifted above the planet while radio towers were built in major areas, completely phasing out the old system reliant on the CCT. All of this was achieved by a determined group of warships and soldiers, who now established their latest project on Patch.

On this island, several warships worked overtime while another had taken a break to catch up with a destroyer.

Around the back of the cabin, Perth and Yang stood opposite of each other, fists raised in a fighting stance.

"Again." The boy ordered.

The blonde brawler sprang forward and attacked the boy with a flurry of punches. Just as he slipped beneath one from her hand, she brought forth her replacement limb and slammed a fist into his direction.

"Too sloppy."

Perth narrowly evaded the attack barreling toward his face and swept her leg, going as close to the ground as he could without losing balance. The blonde fell to the nicely mowed grassy ground with a thud, slamming her fists against the ground as she did so.

"Too predictable." Perth crouched down to look at the girl, who he now locked eyes with. "You need to stop slamming your head against a brick wall and hope it breaks. Sometimes, you have to go around it, over it, beneath it, but not through it." He lightly tapped her cheek. "Mix things up and try using your semblance. Throw a tantrum or something." He helped her back up and shrugged.

"About what?" Yang asked as she dusted herself off. In addition to her previous outfit, she wore a brown jacket with her father's patch on the side over her tank top. "I've tried getting angry during our fights for the past couple days, but I just... can't."

"You can't fight!"

From the sidelines, Wellington quietly stood with worried eyes. Next to her, Courageous confidently cupped her hands and shouted at the blonde.

"You suck!"

The blonde brawler turned to the frigate with an irritated look. "Why are you here, anyways?" She crossed her arms.

"Just to see what ya'll were up to." Courageous shrugged before hurling yet another insult at her. "You're fat."

Yang clenched her fists and tried to move toward the girl. "Let's fight then! If you wanna talk all that-" she gritted her teeth as her eyes slightly flickered to a fiery red.

"Yang! Focus on me!" Perth shouted as he got into a fighting stance as the blonde brawler turned to him.

"Oh, and your hair isn't even that pretty."

This would be the final straw.

Yang let out a scream of anger as her formerly lilac eyes would turn a daunting red, and her long golden her began to brightly glow. She exuded a threatening aura as she raced toward a surprised destroyer.

Breaking out of his surprise, Perth eagerly hopped up and down before ducking beneath the first strike, following up with an uppercut of his own. However, the blonde brawler showed no sign of hindrance. She shrugged off the attack before repeatedly punching the boy in the chest, each blow as strong as the last.