Chapter 43: Brief Bickering

3rd POV

By the time the sun had come up, the warships had already been up and moving. To them, they needed to make use of an entire day starting from the moment they opened their eyes to the moment they closed them to sleep, meaning these four had spent their morning tinkering with devices and working on projects in the living room.

Valorous, being tasked with one such project, was busy tinkering with a laptop on a very cluttered table that was pushed a bit closer to the couches to allow for more space. Wires ran rampant, cables led to the laptop and the several other devices that were hooked up to a main slate in the center of the table, and a single data pad was propped up with a set of books. There, he sat on the floor, leaning against the couch, and typed away at the keys of the laptop, punching in a stream of code.

Just to the right of the boy, a motionless pair consisting of Courageous and Onwards were propped up against the table as two lengthy cables and wires led to their heads, specifically their neural links. Through these cables, a series of blue lights had periodically surged toward their brains and fed them a series of virtual simulations.

Whilst the other three warships worked on a rather prominent project, Perth sat on the couch with a tablet in his hand. On this tablet, a paragraph of words filled it from the top to the center as he finished up writing what could be a script or a speech. Then, he would quietly begin to rehearse it to himself.

With everyone else busy with something, the only person who found themselves with nothing to do was Ruby. The little leader would quietly watch as her man clicked away at the keys, struggling to stay awake as she still tried to adjust from waking up so early.

"You alright, Rubes?" Valorous asked her, not breaking his line of sight with the laptop. "You're nodding off."

"Huh? Oh, yeah..." Ruby perked up and rubbed her eyes. She began to tiredly crawl toward him. "Just a bit sleepy... that's all."

Without moving, Valorous listened to the girl shuffle toward him. "Take a nap. I'll wake you up in a bit."

Not even a moment after he offered, Ruby crawled under the table and between his legs, flipping around so she could still watch him work and use his stomach as a pillow. Just before she returned to her blissful slumber, she could feel his hands gently run through her hair and hear a quiet 'I love you'.

Although the frigate was slightly uncomfortable, he prioritized the comfort of the red reaper and the fulfillment of his task above all else. Sighing, he would listen to the quiet patter of footsteps emanating from the stairs.

Emerging into the room, a tired Yang who looked like she just rolled out of bed would be joined by a just as disoriented rest of her team. Their messy hair, tired expressions, sluggish movement, and pajama clothes were the prominent clue that they did infact just wake up.

"Morning girls." Perth offered a mere wave to the three, his full concentration on the script. "How'd you all sleep?"

"Good..." Yang sauntered past the pair of unconscious warships and would soon fall onto the couch, just next to her man. "You really might've knocked me up-" She curled up next to him and hugged the lad.

"Not now, Blondie." Perth quickly placed a finger on her lips. "Busy."

"Oh, but you were just as eager after the first rubber..." Yang deviously whispered as she leaned into him, licking his finger. "I loved listening to you beg for me~" She kissed his cheek and smiled.

Perth's cheeks would turn a bright red shade before he flicked her nose. "Not right now." He frowned through a flushed face. "A-anyways, what about you two?" He turned to the other girls. "Sleep well?"