Chapter 38: Rocky Road To Argus

3rd POV

The whole process of boarding, let alone finding an operating train to the highly isolated and now infamous Argus, seemed like an almost impossible task. Every single line aside from the Mistral-Vale line remained under repair or damaged for an uncertain amount of time. Luckily, as if a benevolent god had graced the departing group, the official Mistral-Argus line had just finished its maintenance check and was ready to go.

So, the group departed from the windy city of Mistral with Argus as their destination. Once they get to Argus, it should be smooth sailing toward Solitas, or the continent on which Atlas resided.

Now, the group had split with Team RWBY, the unofficial Team CRJN, and Oscar and Qrow taking refuge in their own sleeping dorms onboard the train, known as the Argus Limited. It was a relatively luxurious experience that the train offered sleeping areas for passengers, yet worrisome, it also had carts dedicated to weaponry and defense of the train with each individual cart displaying a turret mounted atop it.
(CRJN - Crane [The J is pronounced with a 'y' sound as in Jarl or Jurgen Klopp])

Anywho, the room that CRJN had been housed in was small, as expected, yet cozy. It was a perfectly mirrored room with two bunkbeds and a closet, with the former being pushed up against the wall opposite the door and the latter being to the immediate right and left of the door. Along the floor was a small bit of carpeting for the beds and closet to rest on and a sect of wood to divide the room in half as it led to the door and presumably the rest of the cart. It was reminiscent of their time back at Beacon, something that seemed like a distant memory nowadays.

Team CRJN could be found lounging around, enjoying their time doing nothing. It was peaceful and perfect.

Jaune watched the train speed through the snowy countryside of Northern Anima, a spectacular sight for sure. "Hey, didn't she mention something similar to this on Earth?" He turned to his team, gesturing toward the sleeping cat girl on the bottom bunk of a set.

The grenadier perked up from her top bunk and peeked over the side. "Skindinavi? Scandinava?" She attempted to pluck a bit of knowledge from her brain. "Scandinavia!"

"That's the one." The blonde knight nodded as he took a seat on his bunk that was situated beneath the ninja's. "I'd wanna see Earth one day. Mars, too." He pondered the idea of seeing other worlds with other cultures and ideas, finding it enthralling.

Ren would speak up from the top bunk. "Do you think they want to go home?" He asked, earning a short silence from the team.

Unsurprisingly, it would be Nora who broke it, as usual. "Of course not! I mean, they've got lives here, so why would they?" She sat up and got down from her bunk as she spoke. "I know I'd wanna stay."

"I guess..." The blonde knight looked at the sleeping form of the girl, her body covered by a red blanket and a sketch book next to her. "I wonder when this'll be over..."

"I do kinda miss Vale." Ren sat up and prepared to climb down from his bunk.

"I'd bet it's all futuristic and advanced now!" Nora exclaimed, excited at the prospect of a changed Vale. "That sounds so cool!"

Suddenly, the train came to a harsh, screeching jolt, causing many of the passengers elsewhere to scream in fear.

As a result of the sudden jolt, Ren was thrown off his bunk and onto the floor while Nora was slammed into the wall just below the window. Jaune, fortunately, was able to grab onto one of the bed posts to stay standing. Courageous, despite the ruckus, remined stationary and asleep.

As the grenadier reeled from the sudden movement, she rubbed her head and spoke. "What's going on?"

"We're in Grimm territory." Ren grumbled as he pushed himself off the floor.