Chapter 22: Chosen Champion

3rd POV

At times, the UNSC hasn't been known for its humane treatment of terrorists, rebels, or genocidal maniacs, but the capture of several members of the White Fang and the man behind the Grimm breach have been apprehended, for the better or worst. Upon arrival to the sole key UNSC installation, the prisoners were escorted to their cells in the brig after being stripped of their belongings and were forced into the standard inmate uniform.

The brig has a detachment of Marines, an adequately armed fireteam, at all times in order to keep the prisoners in check, be it through force or another method. However, most of the terrorists that participated in the attack were killed, leaving only a handful and their infamous criminal leader to be taken custody.

Now that most of the brand new modules have been installed onto the warships that were busy living their lives, their leader would pay a visit to one of many cells currently preoccupied while a friendly engineer continues to work with the warships.

Godspeed walked down the lengthy corridor with his hands resting behind his back and a datapad firmly held in his grasp. Upon arriving to the cell of his choice, the old man input a security code into the number pad on the door, promptly sliding the door open to reveal a well-lit and clean cell.

"Oh? Has the old man finally decided to pay me a visit?"

The admiral was met with the voice of a smirking Torchwick. He would step down into the cell as the door closed behind him to find the criminal sat at a table with his hands within the cuffs that were attached to the table.

Roman eyed the man with a confident aura. "Y'know, once they told me about you, I assumed you would be more... intimidating." He leaned forward.

Godspeed continued in silence as he pulled a seat out from the opposite end of the table. "Everyone does." He finally said before sitting down. "It's always a question about why such an old man like me is in charge of such a young and energetic group." He set the datapad on the table in front of himself. "If it were up to me, I would've retired decades ago." His hands would soon find themselves calmly resting against the table. "I presume a man of your callibre is still on the hunt for more job opportunities?"

Off put by the show of friendliness, the criminal squinted at the man before scanning the room, searching for anything suspicious. "I don't plan on retiring just yet..."

"Good." The old man responded before tapping something on the datapad. Moments later, the cuffs wrapped around the criminal would be released. "Then, how about a job from me?" He slid the datapad toward the man. "If we can come to an agreement, I can assure you of being on our payroll."

After he felt his now free wrists, Roman met gazes with the other individual in the room, scanning for any signs of malicious intent. "...I'm listening..." He grabbed the tablet in front of him.

"You see, we have had some... issues with the Kingdom of Atlas as of recently." Godspeed began to explain as the criminal looked at the device. "Unfair treatment toward my soldiers and warships, constant surveillance of the people of Vale, and not to mention their beginning to dig in with more troops, especially those machines of theirs." He snarled with a hateful look.

"I take it you want those robots removed?" Roman asked with interest.

"Not only that, but it would be an absolute catastrophe if those robots were to... I don't know, come under the control of a radical terrorist group and attack the people of Vale?" Godspeed leaned forward with a villainous grin taking form. "Especially since Atlas is so trustable and has made every other Kingdom so reliant on them for security, not to mention I've found a rather odd bug within their network that could be an issue later. I'm sure Atlesien relations with the globe would tank, giving the UNSC a proper chance to care for Remnant's people."