Chapter 44: Hijacked

3rd POV

With a new day, another attempt would be made to get to Atlas. With the afternoon sun perched at the center of the sky, the plan would be put in motion, starting with a heiress and the base.

At the aforementioned Atlesian Military Base, various soldiers and guards worked on their jobs with standard Atlesian professionalism. Weiss, dragging a large suitcase behind her, could be seen walking with Cordovin and Saphron, who held her son Adrian in her arm. They would also be escorted by the two Nubuck Guards.

"Ah, I was relieved to hear that you came to your senses, Miss Schnee. Many of us were devastated when we heard you would be attending..." The Atlesian officer lamented before continuing with disdain. "Beacon Academy. Knowing that you'll be returning to Atlas just warms my old heart."

The heiress cringed at the officer. "It was... time to get my act together and go back to my roots." She spoke through an act.

"Oh, I can't wait to see you follow in your sister's footsteps." Cordovin happily exclaimed.

"Absolutely..." Weiss nodded with an unenthusiastic smile.

"I'm sending two of my best guards to personally escort you. Make sure General Ironwood hears that part." Cordovin winked and walked away.

Perking up immediately after being mentioned, the two guards quickly began to try and assist the heiress.

"Allow me to assist you with your bag. The First Guard hups over to pick up her luggage. "My, what a heavy bag!"

Weiss would keep a solid, firm grip on her luggage. "That's alright!"

"Nonsense!"

"Allow me to assist as well!"

Weiss frowned and continued to argue with the guards. "I can take care of it by myself!"

As Cordovin walked away, she could overhear their conversation, prompting her to immediately stop in her tracks. Noticing this, Saphron quickly began to play her part.

"Just like we practiced." The older Arc whispered to her son.

Adrian nodded before releasing a loud wail that can be heard throughout the base. He continues to 'cry' as he fussed in his mother's arms.

Pretending to struggle, Saphron gestured for someone to help her. "Oh no! Look at that, he's just going to miss you so much! You should hurry on out of here!"

To their benefit, this tactic would bear fruit. The two guards would perk up and immediately oblige to the child's needs.

"A crying child?"

"We must console it!"

The two guards hup over to Adrian as they perform weird poses to amuse him. Cordovin continued walking with an unamused look on her face. Whilst they were distracted, Weiss quickly boarded the airship with the luggage behind her.

"That was close." She mumbled before the voice of an A.I. came from a little device on her ear.

"Is everything going okay?" Spring, sounding as eager as she could get, would ask over earpiece.

Shortly after her, a muffled voice of an olf lady would come from inside the luggage. "Call me heavy... It's all muscle! I'll show them a thing or two about heavy!"

"We're on board." Weiss would shake her head and frown. "Why couldn't Onnie come with me?"

"Already told you why, girl." The artificial maiden audibly groaned. "We can NOT be seen helping you break into an Atlesian facility or the UNSC will be at fault."