Chapter 41: Burning An Infestation

3rd POV

However desolate and destroyed the farm she found herself on, Courageous couldn't help but feel absolutely elated. Once the vision had ended, the girl fell to her knees and began to cry tears of joy with overwhelming sense of desperate victory finally uncovered.

"Mon dieu..." She sniffled and wiped tears from her cheeks. "I'd never thought I'd see the day we won..."

While she was busy celebrating mankind's survival, the other individuals in the room could do nothing but give a thousand-mile stare as they processed the frigate's past and would-have-been future.

Yang and Blake silently sat on the couch, both exchanging blank looks. The two girls, much like the other normal humans, also looked a little fatigued if anything.

"We won... I can't believe we won!" Courageous used her sleeve to wipe her face before pushing herself off the floor and regaining her footing. She turned around and immediately yanked the other cat faunus to her feet and embraced her. "We did it, Blakey... he did it..." Her mind flashed back to the missing hero of humanity as she locked eyes with the other girl.

"Cour..." Blake mumbled as the two girls stared at each other, one seeming exhausted and the other with an overwhelming joy. "I... we-"

"Shh!" Courageous hushed the other girl before slightly tip-toeing to come face-toface with her. "I'm so happy I could kiss you, mon ami! In fact..."

Without any hesitation, the French girl would deliver three quick kisses that were just as European as her. The cat faunus would soon find her lips locked with the other cat girl as the latter celebrated her monumental victory. A second later, the frigate would pull away and playfully tap the girl's nose.

"Sorry, Blakey!" Courageous slyly smiled before turning to everyone else. "Alright, everybody! Listen up!" She snapped some of them out of the trance they found themselves in. "It's time we started moving towards Argus. The morning is fresh, and we should be able to reach the city by evening if we start now." She began to make her way toward the door with a grin. "C'mon!"

Ruby quickly stood up as the other members of their group began to make their way to the door in a tired pursuit of the frigate. Blake, however, would find herself standing still and resting a pair of fingers on her lips, wide-eyed and awake as opposed to the sleepy state of every other human.

"Let's go, Blake!" Yang hollered out the door for the cat faunus.

"C-coming!" Blake snapped out of her trance and made her way toward the door.

______________________________________

Stepping outside, the now leading frigate would find the ghostly farm she was brought to. It looked almost as if everyone had just gotten up and left without grabbing anything. While it was confusing, she couldn't really spend time to solve the mystery, so she immediately went to the flatbed the rest of the group found the night prior.

Walking past the frigate, a sluggish Yang sauntered toward her motorcycle before pointing at Weiss.

"Hey, can you attach the flatbed to Bumblebee?" The blonde brawler asked the heiress, prompting a mere nod in response. "Thanks."

While the heiress and brawler worked on attaching the flatbed to the bike, the rest of the group took a seat nearby. Courageous would briefly scan her surroundings, noticing Ruby now held the relic, but that didn't really bother her. The frigate would shrug and sit on the steps of the porch, being joined by the cat faunus and the farmhand.

Now, having some time to collect herself, the frigate took out her sketchbook from the bag she carried and returned to an earlier portrait she had yet to finish. Spring, the helpful little lady she was, would bring up images of their Fall Maiden and display them in her HUD.