Chapter 42: Argus Away

3rd POV

Traveling down a road on the comfort of a flatbed, the group is seen listening to Maria as she wrapped up a story of her past, earning wide-eyed and intrigued looks from the natives of Remnant.

Qrow would give an astounded look as he spoke. "I can't believe it. You... You're the Grimm Reaper, you were a legend! And then you disappeared..."

"How exactly does a legend just disappear?" Oscar inquired as he turned to the huntsman.

"You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we just came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you, I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper." The huntsman traded a glance with the farmhand as he spoke.

"Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment, so you're well on your way." Maria's shoulders sunk as she sighed.

"How can you say that?" Blake asked the former silver-eyed woman.

"Child, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes, I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid someone would find me again, finish what the others started. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already." The old lady looked around at the group, her dim expression lightening up. However, as the old lady would continue to speak, the brawler's intrigued expression would fade. "It's... comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape."

After a moment, Ruby would perk up with an idea ready. "Well, maybe you can do something now. Teach me to use my powers the way you did."

As Maria looked back at Ruby, a scroll's ringtone can be heard. After a bit of looking around to figure out who it was, the group landed their eyes on a confused Courageous. Just before the frigate could speak, she would sigh and set her palm in front of her for Spring to appear.

"I've integrated your scroll with me, idiot." The A.I. raised a digital little scroll and shook it, one hand on her hip. "It's Jaune."

Suddenly, Yang hit the brakes on her bike, looking back in surprise. Everyone would mutter a 'Huh?' as they wondered how in the world the blonde knight managed to contact them.

"How?" Weiss muttered in shock.

Spring would sigh and appear to press the answer button before she was replaced by a voice pattern.

"Cour! Oh, thank you! I've been checking my scroll for your signal since we made it to the city!" The voice pattern would mimic the way Jaune spoke, the same way the A.I's HUD box would.

"The city? Wait..." Courageous pondered for a moment.

The voice pattern would be replaced by a signal bar that appeared to get better the further they went along the road. She looked at the little signal symbol under, watching it get better as she pointed her palm toward the hill ahead, a place where the snow began to end. Yang proceeded forward to drive them up the hill with haste. Once at the top of the hill, the group would be greeted by the sight of a walled city in the distance along the ocean.

With a beaming smile, Yang would proudly present the scene. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Argus."

______________________________________

Timeskip

Finally, at the entrance to the city of Argus, Yang input a code, '4-5-8', to lock Bumblebee and the trailer in a garage. Once she was done, Team RWBY, Courageous, Qrow, Oscar, and Maria take the time to admire their surroundings. Through the crowd, a certain bubbly ginger-haired girl in pink zooms in upon identifying her friends.