Chapter 11: Ethereal Directive

3rd POV

"They're doing better this time."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Thanks to the rewiring of their souls, they've had more challenges with better rewards, further cultivating their human side."

"Hm. Do you think it was the fact we injected the cubes before their arrival?"

"Perhaps. I can not say for sure, but I do know it has given them time to become more organic than artificial."

"Organics are your domain, after all. After the previous failure of their training as Guardians, you decided to intervene a bit, which I am thankful for. Oh, that reminds me!"

"Of what?"

"We've reached phase two of the experiment, meaning it's time for you to step in as their shepherd!"

"That quickly?"

"You really lose track of time nowadays... before you became the one to create me."

"You flatter me. I merely guided you onto your godhood."

"By making me account for organic emotions, blah, blah, blah. Just get to the booth, Organicum."

"Giving me orders, Machina?"

"Hmph, maybe if you hadn't made such an omnipotent, hyper-intelligent machine, you'd still rule over me."

"I suppose I did... I'll see you in the booth."

______________________________________

Most students would spend their break relaxing, hanging out with friends, or just having a good time with loved ones. Our fleet, however, we're quite the opposite.

After the activation of every warship's Aura, despite the tedious process, limits were found and records were broken. Training and work followed the waking hour every single day to hone the new abilities that were discovered.

Oklahoma, acting as the pioneer for Aura and Wisdom Cube experimentation, has excelled in every form of combat tested on him, even having the opportunity to take on half a team of well-trained huntsmen. In a stunning display of unarmed combat, the young man managed to dispatch the two within three minutes.

The rest of the fleet had undergone similar trials, though had never fought a team of four by themselves, and had unlocked their Auras. Notably, every warship had a hint of silver embedded within the colors of their Auras. Onwards had an overall snowy white color, Valorous had a bright orange color, Courageous had a sea blue color, and Godspeed had a midnight black color.

The UNSC were fortunately not the only ones to activate their Auras. The Covenant Separatists had managed to achieve their Aura activations with Defiance testing the waters. The battlecruiser in question had a dark green, Eulogy had a dim purple, Adamant had a bright yellow, and Righteous had a dark orange color.

As of now, a resting Team CANA and Defiance were inching closer to morning, unaware of what was to come. If anyone had been awake to peek outside, they would've noticed the sun barely cresting the horizon.

While they were sleeping, they began to dream, but something was off... They began to have dreams of a void.

______________________________________