Chapter 50: Pomp and Circumstance

3rd POV

As the sun begins setting over the mountains around the abandoned Dust mine, four trucks drive up the road to the mine entrance, and Amity Colosseum floats toward the mine. By this point, it was clear this little area had become the de-facto base of operations for the joint UNSC-Atlesian operation, especially to anyone who just happened to be in the area.

Emerging into the bright tundra surrounding the mine, our group would catch a full view of what the UNSC accomplished in just a couple of hours.

A single Pelican dropped a large, rectangular object into the snow, a little ways in front of the mine's entrance. The rectangular object would soon erect itself into one of the UNSC's turret modules, the dual barrels of the defense quickly activating as it performed a sweep of the area.

"Woah-ho-ho!" Marrow gawked at the busy base. "That whole 'interstellar nation' thing makes a lot of sense now..." He mumbled, nudging the girl he walked beside.

Harriet offered a nod in response. "You two..." She looked at the destroyers that escorted the group. "How... what is all this stuff?"

"Oh, it's-"

"Classified." Onwards quickly cut his brother off, slapping his hand on the boy's mouth, earning a muffled groan. "It's classified."

"Got it, shorty." Elm came up from behind the boy and pat his head, earning an immediate glare from the boy.

Onwards quickly backed away and shot an icy glare at the girl. "Don't touch me." He glanced at a heiress that looked like she wanted to kill the woman, only being held back by her team.

Elm scoffed and backed away. "Jeeze." She defensively pulled her hands away. "Got it."

Before the situation could escalate further, a convoy of Atlesian trucks escorted by UNSC Warthogs would pull up to the mine's entrance.

Smiling, Marrow looked at Clover and then attempted to put on a more serious demeanor. Ruby, Jaune, and Nora come together to gaze in dramatic admiration of the Ace-Ops, while the rest of the traveling group looked on in general intrigue.

"Aaaah!" The ginger grenadier let out a high-pitched squeal.

Jaune rushes over to main-man's side. "You guys were incredible!" He switches to being in front of the leader and begins energetically gesturing as he talks. "You guys took out most of the Grimm like nothing! Without any tactics or planning the entire mission beforehand!"

Feeling a bit overshadowed by a single frigate, Clover mustered up his pride and spoke. "Well, Ace-Ops are hand-picked to perfectly compliment one another. So we can focus on our assets and leave our liabilities behind."

Marrow walked over with a confident smile. "Some of us are all asset, zero liability." He poses with a salute and grin.

Elm Ederne scoffs, catching his attention. He moved over to her, leaning in to confront her.

"Wha-- Yeah? Think I've got some liabilities, Elm?" The canine faunus interrogated her, slightly offended.

"Your brains, for one." Elm grinned, stifling a laugh.

Clover, Elm, and Harriet would soon break into laughter while Marrow groaned and pouted. As they did so, the three would walk away from the young man.

"You did ask." Vine walked away after reciprocating his teammates' sentiment.

Nora approaches the muscle of the operatives with wide eyes and a smile. "Hi. Do you need a new best friend?" She intently stared at the woman, moving closer as she did. "Our pair name can be..." She would take the time to take a dramatic pose with her hammer, proudly projecting her voice. "THUNDER THIGHS!"