Chapter 14: Discipline

3rd POV

After the incident last night, it was decided that the perpetrators would be punished. However, the exact method was never agreed upon between Beacon Academy and the UNSC, but after a lengthy debate, the extraterrestrials would be responsible for the student's punishment, despite protest from the colony ship.

Valorous tiredly walked down the dormitory halls alongside his sister. The boy stumbled along with bags beneath his eyes. He carried a small datapad in one hand while the girl led him by the other.

"Hey..." Courageous caught her brother's attention. "You good?"

After a moment, Valorous looked up from the device and offered a weak smile. "I'll make it through the day."

"Just making sure." The girl said as she turned her head to the front. "We still have classes after this."

"Meh." Valorous groaned as he tightened the grip on his sister's hand.

Eventually, the pair would arrive to a set of doors opposite of each other. Valorous took the one on the right while Courageous took the left. The French frigate knocked on her door before it clicked open. With a look of worry shot toward her brother as he was pulled into the other dorm by a concerned Team JNPR, Courageous slowly opened the door.

Upon entry, she saw four girls with varied expressions. All four appeared to be somewhat rested but still bore the guilt and deaths that weighed on their consciousness. Once the girl closed the door behind her, she focused on the meek group.

"Hope all of you rested well." Courageous calmly said, almost with a comforting tone. "What happened last night was a pain for everybody, and I'm sorry for Defi's outlast night. night." She leaned against the wall. "Seeing innocent people die always stressed him out."

"H-how many died?" Ruby asked hoarsly. Looking at her face, you could tell she'd been crying due to the dried tears on her cheeks.

"Much less than we initially thought." The frigate began. "Despite the mangled cars and wrecks, the official tally is sixteen, most of which were affiliated with several criminal organizations like the White Fang and a couple bandit tribes, so do what you will with that information." She slightly scoffed. "You girls have the luck of the devil."

The red reaper slightly perked up, but the news didn't make her feel any better about deaths, regardless of their background. Team RWBY shared a collective feeling of relief but still felt guilty.

"However." The girl regained their attention. "Due to the damages you caused, we still need to punish you." She straightened herself. "Luckily, you girls have good friends because JNPR volunteered to do it with you."

"Uh, what is 'it'?" Yang asked as she stood up from her bed. "Some sort of essay?"

"Good suggestion." Courageous smirked before turning around. "Just be prepared for a workout." She opened the door and walked out unto a scene with Nora carrying an exhausted Valorous over her shoulder.

"Valor?" Ruby said as she shot toward the boy with worry. "What happened?"

"Stayed up late... wiping data about incident... treated wounded..." The boy tiredly responded as the ginger grenadier adjusted him. "Can't wait for siesta." He weakly grinned.

Jaune stepped forward to explain the situation. "He collapsed as soon as we pulled him into our dorm, but he told us the plan for today."

"Some sort of exercise routine they normally do." Pyrrha added on from behind her leader.

Courageous lightly clapped her palms together, catching their attention. "Let's get a move on! We need to get there before the sun fully comes up that way, we can get all of you properly fitted!"