Chapter 51: Pounding

SOMEONE'S POV:

*Cellphone ringing*

Donovan groaned at the pesky sound and moved away from it, but the thing kept ringing and ringing that he thought his brain and eardrums would explode any moment if he won't move a muscle to turn whatever thing is making the annoying sound.

Padabog siyang napabangon at hinagilap ang bagay na pumotakte sa pagtulog niya. His eyes landed on his pillow, without a second thought he grab it and carelessly toss it away from his eyesight, bwesit na bwesit talaga siya pag napuputol Ang tulog niya.

Kamuntikan na siyang mapasigaw sa inis ng makitang ang cellphone pala niya ang nag-iingay. He had the urge to throw it across the room but hold back against it, the mere thought of purchasing another one is just pure tiresome and a waste of not his money but his time.

His face soured when the caller ID flashed on his eyes.

It's his mom.

" Yeah? What is it? "

He ask bored while grabbing his laptop from the side table.

" WHAT IS IT?! Don't ask me like I'm calling because I want some money! Do you have the slightest idea how worried I am last night?! God! I've been calling you a hundred times but you never had the intention to pick it up! Son! Why are you being like this?! Why am I always the last person to know that you've been attacked again! I'm your mother for Pete's sake! "

Donovan stopped typing, the adrenaline rushed through his system, the memory of last night's nightmare came crushing down on him like a bucket of ice cold water. He couldn't deny the fact the he's terrified, no matter how hard he tried to remain calm and act nonchalant just like he always do but now he couldn't do it anymore.

Cowardice latched at his throat like a serpent choking the courage from surfacing. He's drowning into fear, he couldn't breakthrough.

" Son! Donovan! "

He snapped out of his frightened reverie, he let out a shuddering breath.

If his mom did not yell, he would be grasping for air like a pathetic fish out of water.

He cursed his self inside his head, frustrations flooding through his system. He just couldn't accept the fact that he could feel fear, helplessness. He just despises the thought of being a coward but here he was cowering in fear.

His fist curled into a fist while shaking his head vigorously.

No, he already experienced being threatened a lot of times, why would he be afraid now?!

He'll fight, no matter what and he wouldn't let this pathetic feelings turn him into a coward that he despises the most.

He'll fight or die trying.

" Son! "

" I'll call you later, I promise. "

Yun lang at pinatay niya ng ang tawag.

He close his laptop and get off the bed to start a new day without fear.

Kamuntikan pa siyang matapilok ng pagalis niya sa kama ay may kung ano siyang natapakan. Inis siyang napayuko.

His eyes and heart softens at the sight where his eyes landed on...

Sandy

Nakataob ito at humuhilik pa, he couldn't fight off the smile replacing his scowl, he just couldn't.

The sight is just too cute to ignore and the thought of Sandy not leaving his side since day one makes his cold heart flutter a little. He just realized that he appreciates her efforts to protect him.

Napa-atras siya ng biglang tumihaya si Sandy habang nakanganga.

Sa gitna ng kadugyotan ni Sandy biglaan na lamang tumibok ang puso niya.

Nasapo niya iyon. Hindi maintindihan kung bakit parang natutuliro ang puso niya habang nakatingin sa nakangangang mukha ni Sandy.

He couldn't quite comprehend why his heart is pounding like crazy while looking at his most hated woman. Something is just off, the woman looks ethereal in his eyes, from her bushy eyebrows that magically look perfect, her eyelids that hid the most beautiful honey colored eyes, her nose, to the curves of her lips.

Dukha suddenly looks perfect and womanly in his eyes.

He snap back to reality when he heard her snore loudly almost sounding like a battalion of woodchoppers.

For fuck's sake kanina lang nagdadrama siya sa karuwagan niya tapos ngayon ito! Parang pinagnanasaan pa niya ang nakakarinding babaeng mula sa squatter.

Minsan talaga gusto niya na lang siya na mismo pumatay sa sarili niya.

He pushed Sandy using his foot para pataobin uli ito. Her face is distracting him in a weird way.

Agad niyang ibinaba ang kamay niyang nakahawak parin sa dibdib niya.

That was really freaky.

He thought.