Panic

It had been a couple days since dinner with Scott, Chris and the girls and the night was pretty uneventful. I had the day off class, but I took Sophia, and we went to the ice rink anyways. I needed to practice, tryouts for the Olympics were in a few months and I was not ready. I was just skating around to no music while Sophia did some schoolwork.

"Aunt Lo! You need to try your double axel more!" Sophia yelled.

"Thanks coach!" I yelled back and smiled at her. I was trying to get in what I could knowing the peewee hockey league was coming in to play soon. As I started skating around, I did a couple double axels and almost fell every time.

"You're too tense going into it." I heard someone yell from the side and I saw Scott standing there with Chris, their mom and 2 little boys.

"You my assistant coach now?" I asked as I skated around.

"Assistant?! I come in second to Sophia?!" Scott asked feigning shock. I heard Sophia laugh.

"Sorry Scotty!" She said and I smiled. I skated over to where they were standing. I smiled at Chris.

"Hey." I said and he smiled back. I hugged Lisa since I had met her before.

"So happy to see you again." She said and I smiled.

"You too." I said and looked at the boys.

"This is Ethan and Miles, Stella's brothers. They play on the hockey team. They wanted to come in early and maybe practice a little." Scott said and I smiled.

"Well, I think we could share the ice. You guys mind sharing with me?" I asked and they shook their heads. They got their skates laced up as Chris and Lisa helped. I sighed and Scott placed his hands on mine.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked.

"I'm crazy right? Doing this, trying again." I said and Scott sighed shaking his head.

"You're getting in your head too much. You're letting your anxiety take over." Scott said. Chris perked up at the anxiety comment.

"Yeah, I guess." I said.

"Come on. You got this. Now go show us the perfect double axel." Scott said. I sighed and started skating around. I worked up the speed and right before I did it I lost my footing and went down.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

"You okay?!" Chris yelled.

"Aunt Lo?!" Sophia yelled.

"I'm fine." I grumbled pissed off.

"Calm!" Scott said.

***SCOTT POV***

I watched her skate around some more to calm herself down.

"How do you know so much?" Lisa asked.

"When she lived in LA, I would always go watch her practice because she needed an honest opinion. She had coaches and friends telling her things were amazing, but we all know I can be brutally honest." I said and Chris huffed a laugh.

"Yeah, you can be." Chris said.

"So, I learned a lot listening to her coach and how she trains." I said and we watched her try again. I looked up and noticed Sophia watching and she was nervous. I turned back to Lorelai.

"Come on girl, you got this." I mumbled. I watched her go into 2 double axels in a row and they were flawless.

We all cheered for her.

"That was amazing!" Chris yelled.

"Perfect!" Lisa yelled.

"Way to go Aunt Lo!" Sophia yelled and Lorelai came skating over.

***NORMAL POV***

"They weren't amazing." I said and Scott groaned.

"Come on...don't do this. You're getting in your head too much. You need to take a few days away from the ice." Scott said.

"A few days?! Scott are you crazy! I can't take a few days away from the ice! I have try outs in 6 months!" I panicked. Scott looked to Lisa and Chris for help.

"Hey, panicking isn't going to do you any good. If you are in your head too much it's not going to work out." Lisa said and then Scott sat down on the bench.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Calming you down and coming to skate with you." Scott said and I smiled.

This was something Scott would do in LA to calm me. Once Scott got skates on, he got on the ice and then grabbed my hands and pulled me around the ice just gently gliding.

"You calming down?" Scott asked and I sighed.

"A little." I said.

"You want to tell me what's going on really?" Scott asked.

"Kayden called me..." I trailed off and Scott sighed.

"What does he want? You, in his bed?" Scott asked.

"It's not like that, Scott." I said.

"Yes, it is! He's in love with you!" Scott said and I groaned.

"He was my partner in partners skating. Nothing more...trust me." I said and Scott rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, what does he want?" Scott asked.

"Wants to know if I would be interested in doing a couple's routine. Saying it gives me a better chance at getting the gold somehow." I said and Scott sighed.

"Listen, I can't tell you what to do but don't bank all your hope on a gold on him. You are great in your own talent." Scott said and I smiled.

I looked over at Lisa and Chris talking.

"So, your brother..." I said and Scott sighed.

"What about him?" Scott asked.

"He always where you are?" I asked and Scott laughed.

"Not usually. Just right now he isn't filming much and just trying to be involved with the kids since he misses so much." Scott said and I nodded. "Why?" Scott asked.

"Just wondering if I was ever going to get alone time with my BFF." I said and he laughed.

"You get someone to watch Sophia and we can go out." Scott said and I sighed.

"I have no one to watch her." I said as we skated up to Chris and Lisa.

"Ma, would you be willing to watch Sophia for Lorelai sometime?" Scott asked and I shook my head.

"I couldn't impose." I said and Lisa shook her head.

"No, it's totally fine. Actually, on Friday night I will have all the kids. Why don't you bring her over then. That way she had some kids to play with." Lisa said and I smiled.

"Sounds good. I will let Sophia know." I said and Scott smiled.

"BFF TIME!" Scott yelled excitedly and I laughed.