Piano Playing

"Are you sure you don't mind?" I asked Carly as she stood in the doorway to the bedroom.

"No, Stella has been wanting her to come over and I will like having her around, she is a good kid." Carly said.

"I just feel bad for Soph right now, I feel like I'm pawning her off on everyone. This damn knee." I said pissed off.

"Hey, don't. You got hurt and she understands." Carly said and I just sighed.

"Maybe. This is killing me though being cooped up.

"Any word from the doctor about progress?" Carly asked and I sighed giving a small nod.

"He said it's looking good, I'm making good progress and I just have to keep up with the physical therapy. He is still unsure about the try outs but I don't care what the outcome is, I'm trying out." I said.

"You have to get past me and Scott to try out first." Chris said coming into the room. I just sighed as he leaned down and gave me a small kiss where I was leaning on the headboard.

"She all packed?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, she in on her way on to give you a hug and kiss." Chris said and I smiled. It seemed like on cue Sophia came walking and crawled on the bed. She was careful around my knee.

"Have fun okay?" I asked as we hugged and she kissed my cheek.

"I will, I'll miss you." Sophia said.

"You need anything you call me." I said and she nodded. She then rushed over to Carly.

"You two be good." Carly said waggling her eyebrows.

"I don't have a choice, he wont touch me." I said and Carly groaned and looked at Chris.

"She is injured, not broken." Carly said.

"I could end up breaking her, cut me some slack." Chris said to Carly and I. She just smirked at me and walked out. We heard them leave. Chris looked at me crawling into bed.

"Won't touch you huh?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"You won't! Chris! I'm fine, I just have to be careful positions we do. Please can we at least try?" I asked and Chris sighed and shook his head.

"Lore, god knows I want to and I know you do too but I cant want to hurt you more. Give it a few more weeks okay?" Chris asked and I groaned. He leaned down and did passionately kissed me. I moaned in the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down to me and more. We laid in the bed making out for a little bit.

Once Chris pulled away I just looked at him. He placed a hand on my cheek but his thumb ran over my kiss swollen lips.

"I love you." Chris said and I smiled.

"I love you too." I said and he smiled and gave me another small kiss.

"You want to go to the living room for a while?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Can you grab my kindle?" I asked and he nodded grabbing it from the nightstand. I went to grab my crutches and Chris shook his head.

"I got you." Chris said and I groaned.

"Actually I need to try and walk. Can I lean on you?" I asked and Chris nodded. He helped me stand up and I took a deep breath throwing me legs off the bed and I winced in pain when I stood up.

"On the toes, not full foot." Chris said and I nodded. We started walking and I made it to the bedroom door and I had tears in my eyes from the pain.

"Yeah, no, sorry babe." Chris said and picked me up. I didn't want to be carried but I wasn't going to complain. It hurt too bad." I said. Chris took me to the couch and sat me down facing an opposite direction than he usually did.

"Switching it up?" I asked as Chris handed me my kindle.

"Well I was thinking I would play piano for a little bit..." Chris said and I gasped in shock.

"The great Chris Evans is going to play for me?!" I asked and he just shook his head and sat at the piano as I opened up my kindle and started reading the book I had been reading. Chris was aimlessly playing the piano and I smiled. He played a little bit of Purple Rain and a couple more songs. Then he stopped and looked at me.

"Can I play you a favorite song of mine?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Of course you can. I want to hear anything you play." I said and Chris smiled.

"It's called Rue des trois frères by Fabrizio Paterlini." Chris said and I stopped reading and listened to him play. I was in love with the song instantly but then my skater brain started working and I was seeing a whole routine playing out in my head and I smiled thinking about this.

Once Chris was done, I looked at him and smiled.

"I loved it." I said and he smiled. He got up and walked over to me. He crouched on the floor beside me and I smiled being eye level with him.

"I love you." Chris said and I smiled.

"I love you." I said and he gave me a small kiss.

"I brought you a present." Chris said and I looked at him in shock.

"Chris..." I said and he pulled the box from his pocket and handed it to me. Once I opened, I saw an ice skate pendant on a chain.

"Chris, I love it!" I said taking it from the box and putting it on

"It's so when you are skating I will be with you." Chris said and I smiled at him. I leaned in and gave him a small kiss.

"You are the best boyfriend." I said and he smiled.

"I do what I can." Chris said and I smiled. I then sat up a little and he got on the couch behind me and my back was on his side. We turned on the tv and just watched some tv for the night as I fiddled with the necklace, worried about the try outs and if I would be healthy.