Breakfast - Lunch Date

It was noon my time the day after the pair skating medal ceremony and I was sitting on a zoom call waiting for someone to answer.

"Mommy!" Soph answered and I took a huge breath and smiled.

"Oh Soph its amazing to see you! I miss you baby girl!" I said as there was a knock on my door and I knew it was my food. I got up and grabbed the pizza delivery box and went back to the table.

"Pizza for breakfast?" Soph asked and I laughed.

"No it's my lunch time sweetie, I'm 6 hours ahead of you. Where is Chris?" I asked.

"I'm coming. Finishing breakfast. Someone wanted mickey mouse pancakes." Chris said and I smiled.

"He makes them better than you." Soph said and I feigned being shocked.

"Well he will just have to prove it when I come home." I said as Chris came into view.

"First morning back." Chris said and I sighed with a nod.

"Home." I said and Chris shook his head.

"No, don't get home sick now miss silver medalist." Chris said and I laughed.

"Oh you mean this thing?" I asked holding it up and they both cheered. I smiled and put it down.

"How does it feel?" Chris asked.

"Like Kayden and I got fucked over. Those gold medalist tripped on the ice like 4 times." I said.

"Hey, come on. Don't be a sore loser." Chris said.

"It's not always about winning mom." Soph said and I groaned knowing I had told her that.

"I know it's not I just don't have a hope in my singles competition if they aren't going to be fair." I said as we all continued to eat. It was breakfast/lunch zoom date since we didn't get to see each other much.

"It will be fine Lore, you have this. I mean you know your routines down pat and then you just go from there. Do you know what you are going to do for you final skate?" Chris asked and I shrugged.

"An idea but wont pull it out unless I absolutely need to crush it." I said and Chris smiled.

"But starting with the Don't Stop Believing routine right?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"I figured it the best one to go with." I said and Chris nodded.

"Mom...can you do my favorite routine as like your second skate?" Soph asked and I smiled.

"Which one is that again?" I asked and she smiled.

"Love Me Like You Do." Soph said and I smiled.

"I think I can make that happen." I said.

"So, when do you skate again?" Chris asked.

"3 days. I got some time off to relax and rehearse." I said and Chris sighed.

"Lore, you look tired...I'm getting worried about you." Chris said and I shook my head.

"Don't worry about me Chris. I got this, I will take care of myself." I said.

"Don't make me get on a plane Lore." Chris said.

"You come to Paris I will murder you." I said and he smirked.

"Do I get to stay home from school on the day you skate?" Soph asked and I nodded.

"Yeah I will email them and let them know a few days you will be off." I said and she smiled.

"But I will make sure you get your work so I want homework still done. How is school going anyway?" I asked and she went on explaining everything until a horn honked and she had to get in the car with Carly and leave. I stayed with Chris. When I was done eating I took the laptop to the bed and laid down putting him on the pillow next to me.

"Where is my other boy?" I asked and Chris laughed and picked up the laptop carrying it to his dog bed. Chris turned it so I could see Dodger and he could see me.

"Hey Bubba! Oh I miss you!" I said and he barked and started running around looking for me.

"Now we've done it." Chris said and we laughed as he walked into the bedroom and laid down as well placing me on the bed beside him.

"I miss this view." I said and Chris smiled.

"Me too." Chris said, I closed my eyes as tears filled them.

"Hey come on..." Chris said and I shook my head.

"I hate this. All honesty?" I asked and Chris nodded. "I want to come home. If I can't come home I want you here but I cant have you here. I'm so nervous and I cant sleep. You not being here to help me sleep has been the absolute worst." I said as some tears fell.

"Hey, you are strong and able to do this. You will be home soon and we will stay in bed all day and all-night cuddling if you want. I will never let you go once you get back. I love you Lore and just remember why you are there, you are there to make this count and win gold." Chris said and I gave a small smile.

"I want to take a small nap do you think you could say on the video chat until I fall asleep?" I asked and he nodded.

"You go it. Get some sleep. I love you." Chris said.

"I love you." I said and blew a kiss. I heard Chris quietly humming and it helped put me right to sleep.