The Partner

It had been about 2 weeks since Chris and I slept together for the first time, and we weren't able to stop whether Sophia was home or not. We just learned how to master the art of being quiet.

Unfortunately, this past week I was without Chris, he had some press to do and was traveling. He was coming back into town today though and I couldn't wait to see him. I was going to be at the rink all day. I still hadn't nailed out a routine I was wanting to do for tryouts, so Chris offered to surprise Sophia and pick her up from school then bring her by the rink. 

Scott was with me at the rink helping me eliminate routines.

I had just finished a routine to My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion and I looked at Scott. He shook his head.

"Hell no! People just got that song out of their head, you skate to it, its back." Scott said and I groaned. The next song started to play, and it was Crazy in Love from the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack, and I groaned.

I started skating to it knowing this routine and who choreographed this routine. Once I was done there was slow clapping as someone walked towards the ice and I saw him...Kayden Dupri...my old partner, the man who come up with this routine. Scott paused the music and I just watched Kayden walk up to the ice.

"You know I always loved the routine." Kayden said and I sighed and skated over to him.

"Only because you made it." I said.

"What are you doing here?" Scott spoke up and I smiled at my guard dog Scott.

"Ah, Scott nice to see you again." Kayden said and extended his hand and Scott just half nodded at him.

"Play nice gentlemen." I said annoyed. "But seriously, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"You never returned my calls, I heard you moved here, and I didn't know what appealed you to Boston - ..." Kayden trailed off and then looked at Scott. "But I'm starting to figure it out." Kayden said and I groaned.

"Leave Scott out of this. Scott didn't even know I moved here. I found him accidently. I teach his niece in my skating class." I said and Kayden chuckled.

"Your teaching? You giving up Olympic dreams to train some kids in skating?" Kayden said and I shook my head.

"This is my last year Kayden so no not giving up. Trying one more time." I said and he half nodded.

"So, what do you say to audition for the couples as well? I think we have a good chance this year." He said and I groaned. I looked at Scott who was just subtly shaking his head no. I sighed and picked a song on the phone.

"Get your skates on, meet me center ice." I said and Kayden smiled, kissed my cheek and went to sit down.

"Are you crazy?!" Scott asked.

"I can get gold with him, there is a good chance. Trust me Scott." I said and he sighed. Kayden got his skates on.

"Let me loosen up." He said and I nodded as he skated around as I did as well just to stay warmed up.

***SCOTT POV***

I saw the skating around before they started their routine so I pulled out my cellphone.

SCOTT: Where the fuck are you?!

CHRIS: What the hell Scott? I'm picking up Sophia now. She just got in the car.

SCOTT: You need to get to the rink...NOW!

CHRIS: Is Lore okay?!

SCOTT: Well, depends, the old skating partner just showed up. He is wanting to do a couples duo skating at tryouts. Just get here. I don't like this guy, I never have.

CHRIS: A few minutes away.

Scott knew this was true since the school wasn't far from the skating rink.

***NORMAL POV***

I looked at Kayden as he skated.

"You ready yet?" I asked annoyed and he nodded. He skated over to me.

"Scott, play the music please." I said and he hit play.

I Put A Spell On You by Annie Lennox started playing. This was the routine that got us silver years ago and our best skate. Once the song and routine were over, I forgot the hold I would be in, and our faces were super close, and it was a very compromising position. We were both out of breath and just looking at each other. I heard a couple of people clapping and I looked to see Sophia and Chris.

"CHRIS!" I said excitedly and speed skated over to him wrapping my arms around his neck. He passionately kissed me. This wasn't the little kiss I was going for. This was possessive, this was claiming me as his. He placed a hand on the back of my neck holding my lips to his. Once we finally broke apart, I just looked at him. "Possessive much?" I asked with a smile.

"Maybe, I also missed you and don't like how that guy is watching you." Chris said in a low tone, and I sighed.

"Let me introduce you." I said and Chris sighed. I motioned for Kayden to come over. Even though I was on the ice and Chris wasn't he made sure to find a way to keep his hands on my body somewhere while Kayden came over. "Kayden, this is Chris Evans, my boyfriend and Scott's brother. Chris, this is Kayden Dupri, we skated together for a couple years even getting silver, last Olympics." I said. They shook hands but it was very territorial. I sighed.

"Can I try one last routine, for you and then we can go home?" I asked and Chris nodded. I gave him a small kiss as Kayden waited off to the side of the ice as I got the song set up for Scott to play when I nodded. I looked at Chris, "This song is for you." He smiled and I nodded at Scott, and he hit play.

Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding started playing and Chris smiled.

***CHRIS POV***

As I watched Lore go around the ice, I couldn't help but look at Kayden and he was watching her with a huge smile on his face.

"She's amazing, isn't she?" Kayden said and I nodded.

"She really is." I said smiling. This song cemented something in me with her. She was trying to tell me she loved me, I knew she was, and I smiled. I was thankful for this moment because I had been fighting off telling her I loved her since before I left, I was falling in love with her and hard.

"Are the two of you serious?" Kayden asked and I nodded.

"Very." I said and glared at him.

***NORMAL POV***

Once I was done with the routine, I looked at Scott and Chris smiling.

"Best routine yet!" Scott said and I smiled. I skated over to Chris and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you." We said at the same time, and we laughed. Chris leaned in giving me a small kiss.

"I love you, I love Soph, and I love this little life we are making ourselves here." Chris whispered quietly to me, and I smiled at him.

"Me too." I said.

"Did you two just say the L word?" Scott freaking, but not in a good way.

"Yeah...so?" I asked.

"It's too soon! You two need to slow down." Scott said and I just watched him leave and looked at Chris.

"I'll talk to him. Do you need to continue to practice?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, with Kayden here unfortunately I do." I said and he sighed but nodded. Sighing because Kayden and I knew that.

"I'll be watching with Soph." Chris said, and I gave him another kiss.

"You serious with actor boy over there?" Kayden asked as we skating away.

"Yes very. Why?" I asked and Kayden didn't answer, and we started working on a routine together.