This Is What I Want

***CHRIS POV***

Lore had been gone for a few days and they weren't the easiest with her gone. I found myself cuddling with her pillow at night since it still smelled like her, but I was more used to lying staring at the ceiling.

Tonight, was no different. I was lying in bed at midnight when my cellphone went off.

LORE: I know I'm 6 hours ahead and I know you are sleeping but I'm just getting ready to go practice. I love you and I miss you so much.

CHRIS: Funny you think I'm asleep.

LORE: Chris! Go to bed babe!

CHRIS: Funny thing, I can't...I'm worry about some insanely beautiful woman who is an ocean away.

LORE: Funny, I'm thinking about a guy and a little girl a whole ocean away. How is Soph?

Before I could answer there was a knock on the door.

"Soph?" I asked. She opened the door clutching her bear.

"I had a bad dream, can I sleep with you?" Soph asked.

"Of course, you can, come on up." I said and she got in the bed and snuggled next to me.

"Hey, I'm texting Aunt Lore...I mean your mom. You want to send her a picture of us?" I asked.

"Yeah!" She said excited and we took a funny selfie and then a normal one and I sent them straight to Lore.

"Okay, back to bed kiddo." I said and kissed the top of her head and she smiled.

LORE: When did she join you?

CHRIS: Just now, bad dream.

LORE: Well now you have someone cuddling with you like when I cuddled with you so you should be able to sleep now. I have to go get on the ice. I love you both.

CHRIS: We love you too.

After I put my phone back on the nightstand, I got comfortable in bed and smiled down at Soph cuddled into my side just like Lore did when she slept with me. I smiled and started to close my eyes.

"I love you dad." Soph whispered and I smiled.

"I love you too." I said and quickly drifted off to sleep.

⛸ ⛸ ⛸

After I took Soph to school I went to my mom's house, and we sat at her table having a cup of coffee.

"You heard from Lore recently?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah. Last night. She text me midnight our time." I said and she smiled.

"How is she?" Lisa asked and I sighed.

"We didn't go into too much detail she just said she loved us and told me to go to bed." I said and Lisa laughed.

"You do look tired." Lisa said and I half nodded.

"I know, it's hard without her here. I never knew I could get so attached to someone like I did Lore. Even Soph." I said and Lisa looked at me confused.

"Chris, what is going on?" Lisa asked.

"Last night she had a bad dream and got into bed with me. As she was falling asleep, she said 'I love you dad.'." I said and Lisa looked at me and smiled.

"And?" Lisa asked.

"And what?" I asked.

"How did it make you feel?" Lisa asked and I sighed.

"Amazing. It made me feel like this could be my life. School pickups, drop-offs, making lunches, cuddling when she had a bad dream, family movie and pizza nights. This could be my life. I want this life." I said and Lisa smiled.

"If you want this life Chris then you need to go the whole way, long haul." Lisa said and I nodded.

"I've been thinking about it. Can I show you something?" I asked and Lisa nodded. I pulled out my phone and pulled up a picture of an engagement ring.

"Oh, Chris it's beautiful. When are you buying it?" Lisa asked.

"I already have. It's in garage hidden in the toolbox since I know she won't look there." I said and Lisa laughed.

"When are you going to propose?" Lisa asked.

"I don't know. I was going to do it when we went away that weekend but everything that weekend got kind of weird, and I didn't think it would be the right time to throw an engagement at her right before she left. So, I'm waiting until she gets back." I said.

"And what if the Olympics don't go her way, she is going to feel like you are doing it for pity or something?" Lisa said and I sighed.

"I'll figure it out Ma. All I know is she is all I want." I said and Lisa chuckled.

"And to think, your brother wanted you to stay away from her." Lisa said and we both laughed.

"We all knew that was never going to happen." Scott said walking into the kitchen.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming over. I have both my boys here." Lisa said and hugged Scott.

"I wanted to stop by since I will be leaving in a few days to go to Paris." Scott said and I grumbled.

"Chris come on she explained to you why she didn't want you to go." Scott said.

"Yeah, I know but I mean how does it look if the boyfriend does show up?" I asked.

"It looks like you are letting it be about her and not your status for once. This is it for her Chris. Please give her this." Scott begged.

"I swear to god I'm going and getting on a plane and going to Paris to watch her."

"Christopher Robert Evans if you don't abide by that girls wishes and try to go to Paris, I will break both your legs so you can't move." Lisa said and we all looked at her in shock.

"Fine..." I grumbled and Scott placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I will have her Chris, it will just be easier." Scott said. I just half nodded.

I was annoyed that Lore didn't want me to come with her and be with her in Paris, but I also knew where she came from, and I didn't want to make this any worse for her. I just wanted her.