More Effort

I was back at the rink after taking a few days off. I needed to relax after the whole Kayden thing. When I showed up that afternoon Kayden was waiting there. Chris, Scott and Soph were with me though, so I was grateful to not be alone. When I walked down to the ice he was standing there waiting.

"Can we just act like the other day didn't happen and continue working on the routine to perfect it?" Kayden asked and I nodded.

"Just know Kayden, I'm with Chris, I don't feel the same way about you that you do me and I just need you to know after this year I am done. I know I said no more Olympics, but I won't even be going on the tour to skate with you if offered." I said and he clenched his jaw but nodded.

"Fine. Lace up the skates." He said and he was already in his, so he went out to the ice. I took a deep breath and sat down to put my skates on. Before I could finish getting my skates on, I felt someone sit next to me, I looked and saw Scott.

"How did he take it?" Scott asked and I sighed.

"He's not happy, I can tell. I just told him after the Olympics, I'm done. I will no longer be skating with him even if I'm offered the tour." I said and Scott sighed.

"Do you really think this is smart Lo? Skating with him?" Scott asked and I sighed.

"I don't know what to think anymore Scott. I mean this is my last year. I want to do all I can. I mean it's already out there in news media that I'm trying out and being called a dinosaur...so yeah." I said and Scott put his arm around me.

"Come on, don't let them get in your head. You're better than any of those younger kids coming in." He said and I nodded. I looked out on the ice and saw Kayden waiting.

"Yeah, I guess." I said getting up and headed to the ice and just started skating.

***CHRIS POV***

Scott came back and sat with me and Sophia.

"She okay?" I asked and Scott sighed but nodded.

"Yeah, she just told him she was done with him and everything after this year. She won't even be doing the tour if it's offered. She is already letting the press get into her head about her age. They're calling her a dinosaur." Scott said and I groaned. Sophia made a gagging noise.

"Aunt Lo is the best. They need to hush." Sophia said and we both smiled at her.

"Dang right kiddo." I said and smiled at her. I watched Lore skate around and get her "ice legs" as she called them, and Kayden was skating with her.

"Well, we went by your place, and you weren't there so we knew the next place would be to find the closest ice rink." I heard a voice say behind me walking in and I saw Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson. I stood up and hugged them both as did Scott.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked.

"Well, you were talking the other day about this amazing girl you met, and we told you we wanted to meet her." Scarlett said and I just shook my head.

"I didn't think you would come to Boston." Chris said and they shrugged.

"We had time so why not. Mackie and Seb wanted to come but both are getting ready to film." Robert said and I nodded. I then felt Sophia tapping me but not taking her eyes off Scarlett.

"Yeah?" I asked and she had the biggest eyes I had ever seen.

"It's Black Widow. I love her!" Sophia whispered to me, but Scarlett heard.

"And who is this cutie?" Scarlett spoke up and I smiled at her.

"This is Sophia, Lore's niece she has custody of." I said. Scarlett smiled at Sophia.

"So great to meet you and thank you for loving Black Widow. She was my favorite character to play." Scarlett said and Sophia looked nervous.

"Can I have a hug?" Scarlett asked. Sophia got excited, stood up and wrapped Scarlett in a hug. I smiled at this as Sophia then sat with Scarlett. I turned my attention back to the ice and watched Kayden do his single routine, then I watched Lore do hers. She was sticking with the Love Me Like You Do routine and it made me smile.

"She really is amazing." Robert said and I nodded.

"She is. I'm so proud of her." I said and Scott looked at me and sighed. "Don't start Scott." I said annoyed and glared at him. Everyone sensed the problem but didn't say anything.

Once Lore ended her routine, she started her couple's routine with Kayden, and I was clenching my fists the entire time. I hated seeing his hands on her and I just wanted to go punch him in the face. They ran through the routine twice and Kayden was giving it a half assed effort.

"You need to fucking try!" Lore yelled from the ice.

"What more do you want from me?!" Kayden yelled.

"Oh, I don't know at least 75% of an effort! You are giving me like 10!" Lore said skating around angrily.

"You want only 75%?!" Kayden asked. I watched Lore skate up to Kayden.

"I want more from you Kayden, I want a million percent! I want you to give me all you have in this routine! This is my life!" Lore yelled at him as I went to stand up.

"Chris don't get in the middle. They have to work this out." Scott said and I just looked at him.

"She needs to calm down." I said.

"She needs to work this out with him." Scott said and I groaned. I watched them start the music over again running the routine again and Kayden seemed a little better, but Lore shoved him when it was over.

"More! More effort!" Lore said started the music over. I watched them start the routine again. As Kayden when into Lore's lift he glared at me. Then everything happened so fast. I saw Lore crash to the ice being dropped by Kayden.

"LORE!" I yelled as she screamed out in pain laying on the ice grabbing her knee.