Kayden is Back

I was sitting in my room just wasting time until I had to go and practice. As I was getting my shoes on to leave there was a knock on my door. I thought it was Scott so I opened it with a smile which quickly faded.

"Kayden." I said and he sighed.

"Good to see you Lore." Kayden said and walked in my room after me.

"Did I invite you in?!" I asked pissed off.

"Come on Lore, I need to talk to you, it's serious." Kayden said and I groaned.

"You have 30 seconds." I said.

"I need you to skate a pair skate with me." Kayden said and I scoffed.

"You're joking right?" I asked and he sighed.

"No, I'm not. The person I had as my partner got hurt." Kayden said and I laughed.

"Because of you?" I asked.

"No, during her solo practice." Kayden said and I groaned. "I hate asking you, I really do but you are the only person I could think to ask since you are here. I know you don't trust me, but I need this. This is my last year too." Kayden said and I groaned.

"Kayden..." I sighed.

"Please Lore. I will never ask for another thing our lifetime again. Please Lore." Kayden begged. I just looked at the floor. Before I could answer my cellphone went off. I grabbed it from the bed.

SCOTT: I won't be able to go to practice with you. I'll meet you there. I got some people in town I want to see.

LORE: Sounds good.

I put my phone in my pocket and looked at Kayden.

"I don't even know your routine." I said.

"I can teach you. I mean you pick up everything so fast." Kayden said.

"Any lifts?" I asked and he nodded.

"Kayden...if you fucking hurt me and hurt my chances..." I trailed off.

"No! I won't I swear!" Kayden said holding up his hands in defense. "I was a jealous asshole last time and it was dick move. Everything will be flawless and perfect." Kayden said and I sighed.

"Fine...let's go." I said.

⛸ ⛸ ⛸

***SCOTT POV***

It had been a couple hours and I knew Lore would still be at the practice rink working. The girl had no chill when it came to practicing. I got my pass out and walked in the door. As I walked in, I facetimed Chris.

"Hey, where you at?" Chris asked.

"At the practice center. I'm supposed to meet Lore here so we can go out and she can get her nails done for competition." I said and Chris nodded.

"Can you pay for it for me please? I'll pay you back." Chris asked and I nodded.

"Yeah of course." I said. "How's soph?" I asked.

"Great, ready to see Lore skate. We are counting down the days." Chris said and I smiled.

"Good." I said and I got in the rink.

"Where is she Scott, I want to see her." Chris said and I started looking for her. That when I saw her and groaned.

"Can I call you back later?" I asked.

"Scott..." Chris said and I turned the camera and walked up to the ice so Chris should see.

"Is that Kayden?!" Chris asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"She is skating with Kayden?!" Chris asked.

"Yeah...let me call you back." I said and Chris groaned but I hung up on him. I took pictures and then walked out before she could see me. I sent Lore a text.

SCOTT: Hey not able to meet you at the rink. Why don't you meet me in my room tonight for dinner? 7pm?

I knew I wouldn't get an answer since she didn't have her phone on her. I just had to be ready for her around 7.

***NORMAL POV***

I got to Scotts at 7pm with a nice bottle of wine and knocked. Once he opened the door, he had a really weird look on his face.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"Me? What's wrong with you?" Scott asked.

"Excuse me?!" I asked.

"Scott, we said we wouldn't jump on her." I heard a voice said from the computer screen and I walked over to it to see Chris sitting there.

"What the fuck is going on?!" I asked pissed off.

"I saw you today at the ring skating..." Scott said and I sighed.

"Shit..." I grumbled sitting down at the computer screen and Chris was just looking at me.

"Yeah..." Chris finally said. "You want to explain why you are letting the fucker anywhere near you?!" Chris yelled.

"Excuse you! Calm the fuck down." I said and he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Lore..." Scott said.

"Okay fine, god. Kayden came to my room this morning. His partner he was skating with got hurt during her solo practice and he needs a partner, or he is out. He said I'm the best and the only one he wants to work with. He admitted he hurt me on purpose last time because he was jealous of Chris. He promises it will be different. We are working on a brand-new routine. There will be lifts but we practiced all day and I trust him." I said.

"I don't like this, Lore." Chris said.

"Chris, this is my job you don't get a say in what I do." I said.

"Excuse me?! Who was the one who took care of you after he hurt you?! Who saw the pain he caused you?!" Chris raised his voice.

"Hey! You think I don't know what he did to me?! You think I don't have PTSD when he lifts me?! You think I don't think about all of this?! Of course, I do! I have to do what I have to do! You don't like it, don't fucking watch!" I yelled and then looked at Scott. "And you don't need to fucking come!" I said and they both were silent. I looked back at Chris.

"Now I'm not going to stay here and be berated for my choice in what I need to do! I'm out of here. Enjoy the fucking wine!" I said and Scott and left the room slamming his door.

***SCOTT POV***

I looked at Chris and we both sighed.

"We fucked up." I said and Chris nodded.

"We need to make it right. This can really fuck up her head space and that's the last thing we need." Chris said and I nodded.

"I'm going to go watch her skate the day of." I said and Chris nodded.

"And I'll watch on tv, but I also think I'm going to send her some flowers." Chris said and I nodded.

"Sounds perfect." I said and sighed pouring me a glass of wine from the bottle she brought.

"Do you trust him Scott?" Chris finally asked.

"I trust Lore and that's all the trust we should need." I said and Chris nodded in agreement.

We both then sat in silence knowing we had a lot of damage control to do.