Epilogue

***7 YEARS LATER***

Here I was sitting on the sidelines of the ice again, only this time I was the coach I was the trainer, I was the mom of the girl getting ready to go skate on the ice.

CHRIS: What is she skating to?

I looked up in the stands and saw Chris sitting with our 7-year-old son Trey. They both looked nervous.

LORE: I don't know, she won't tell me. She knows what this skate means. I told her not to be dumb like her mom.

CHRIS: Hey, it got you your medal...

LORE: Yeah, but it was such a dumb move.

I heard her name announced and she looked at me and blew a kiss. I smiled as she skated on to the ice. I walked to where I could watch her. This was nerve wrecking. My 16-year-old baby was at the Olympics, and I looked up sending up a prayer.

-I know she followed in my footsteps, but she still thinks about you two every day. Watch over her please. She needs you right now.-

I sent the prayer to her parents who I made sure she never forgot. Chris and I were her mom and dad now, but she had parents before me and Chris. As the music started playing, I gasped. She was skating to "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" By Aerosmith, it was her parents wedding song. I placed a hand over my mouth and fought back the tears. I looked at Chris and he was watching her intently.

She was skating beautifully. She was flawless, she was better than me. I hated admitting that, but she was. Once she finished the crowd went nuts and I started screaming for her. She took her bows and then rushed to me at the edge of the ice, and I wrapped her in a hug.

"I needed them with me." She said in out hug as I tried to fight back the tears.

"I'm so glad you skated to their song. They would have loved it." I said and as broke apart in our hug. I pointed up to Chris and Trey who were waving at her, and she waved back.

"I messed up." Soph said as we sat down waiting for scores.

"No, you didn't! It was flawless." I said and she shook her head.

"I just feel like it was shit." Soph said.

"Hey...be nice." I said and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"Trust me you were amazing. It was your last skate, we get your scores and just wait for everyone to skate. Her scores came through and I got excited, she was 2 points away from a perfect score.

"Hey!" I said and she smiled, and I hugged her.

Now we just wait...

⛸ ⛸ ⛸

It ended up going to the next day 2 skaters left and we just waited. Chris was sitting with Trey in the stands again as the second skater was just finishing. Soph was still on top but the girl that was just finishing was so good, and I was so worried. I held Soph's hand as scores were about to come in. I looked at her before they could.

"You know, no matter what happens I am so proud of you that you made it." I said and she nodded as we hugged.

"Thank you for being the best coach and mom." Soph said and I smiled.

"Anything you need kid, I got your back." I said and She smiled. I looked up at Chris and he waved at me, and I waved back.

"The scores are in." The announcer announced and we looked up at the screen and then Soph screamed.

She did it! She won gold! She was a gold medalist at 16! This was insane. Chris and Trey came running down to meet us. Soph saw Chris and ran to him and jumped in his arms and Trey ran to me and hugged me. I watched Soph hugging Chris and then hugging Trey. Chris came over to me and pulled me close to him.

"I live with 2 gold medalists now..." Chris said, and I nodded.

"You going to be able to deal with us?" I asked and he nodded.

"I think I can handle it just fine." Chris said and I smiled as he leaned in and gave me a passionate kiss. Once we broke apart Trey and Soph joined us in a family hug, and I looked at everything I had here in my arms. Starting off as an aunt taking care of her niece, now married with a kid and the world's best husband. Skating seemed to lead me to a very good life, I couldn't ask for anything else.

⛸⛸ THE END ⛸⛸