Final Skate

I was sitting after finishing me second skate to Love Me Like You Do for Soph and I went back to the top. Some people with low scores or who couldn't cut it had already been eliminated and weren't competing anymore. As I was sitting there the 16-year-old came up to me and smiled.

"I wanted to introduce myself, I'm Cassie Manns. I'm from Greece." She said and I smiled at her and shook her hand noticing her Greek accent.

"Nice to meet you Cassie, I'm Lorelai but everyone calls me Lore. This is my friend Scott." I said introducing him since he was next to me.

"I just wanted to come over and tell you I am a huge fan of yours and I have been watching you since I was a kid. Your career is amazing, and it would be such an honor to share a podium with you." Cassie said and I smiled, and she just waved and walked away.

"Was that a dig at my age, I feel like that was a dig at my age." I said and Scott huffed a laugh and patted my leg.

"It's fine, you got this. Just wait until she skates." Scott said as she headed out to the ice and skated. Again, she was flawless, and I sighed.

"I need to pull something out for my last round, something no one has seen before. Something where I wing it..." I whispered to myself.

"I'm sorry wing it?!" Scott asked in shock, and I nodded.

"I did it for my try out and it worked. I need to just try it again and I think I know the song." I said smiling, changing my shoes and running to the music manager.

"I need to change my last song." I said and the guy looked at me. He had worked at the Olympics since I started.

"Lore..." He said and I shook my head.

"I know the song I just need you to get it, if you can." I said and he looked through the list and smiled.

"It's on the list you are good to go. Is the routine changing?" He asked and I nodded.

"Oh yeah, all of it is changing." I said and smiled at him, and he shook his head with a laugh as I rush away and went back out to the ice and put my skates back on.

"What did you do?" Scott asked.

"Thought outside of the box." I said and Scott sighed and shook his head.

"This could cost you." Scott said and I nodded.

"I know, I'm willing to take that risk." I said looking at me and smiled.

***CHRIS POV***

Lore was about to come up for her last skate, she was behind by 5 points this time and I knew she was getting frustrated. When I saw her rush away earlier, I wanted to call but I told her I wouldn't push, I would let her have this time and I wouldn't interfere.

"Okay coming to the ice for her final skate is Lorelai Channels." The tv announcer said.

"Everyone shhh!" I yelled and everyone did and watched.

"Now, we just got word that about 20 minutes ago Lorelai changed her final skate song." The announcer said and I put my head in my hands.

"I also heard she is changing the whole routine. I must say though in practice all week I don't think I ever saw her practice to this song." The other announcer said. I just shook my head as my Ma started rubbing my back.

"Okay let's get ready for this." The announcer said.

"Now skating Lorelai Channels and she will be skating to Rue des trois frères by Fabrizio Paterlini."

My head shot up and I looked at the screen and Lore took her position on the ice.

"Isn't that your favorite song?" Carly asked and I nodded.

"I played it for her when she was injured." I said and smiled as she started skating to it. She skated effortlessly to it. She was beautiful, like an angel flying across the ice with the perfect moves to go with every step, every turn everything time. Once the song was finished and she was finished we were all on our feet clapping and cheering out loud. We heard the crowd as well and they were going nuts.

"She did it, she got it..." I whispered to myself, but Soph heard me.

"I think so too." Soph said and I smiled down at her. I watched Lore go off the ice after taking her bows and an interviewer ran up to her and we all shut up to listen.

"Lorelai, what made you change your song last minute?" She asked and even though she was out of breath she still answered the question.

"This song is important to someone I love, and I want them to know how much I love them. I was hurt a few months back and we weren't sure this dream was going to happen he played me this song on his piano, and I knew instantly it was meant to be skated to." I said and she smiled.

"Well, is the person who played it for you watching?" She asked with a laughed and Lore laughed too.

"He better be." Lore said and blew a kiss to the camera.

"I'm right here babe." I whispered.

"Okay well I hear your scores are in." The interviewers said and Lore sighed.

"Oh god that was fast." Lore mumbled and Scott went over and held her hand. The scores came up on the screen and we all screamed.

"A PERFECT SCORE! Lorelai, how do you feel?" She asked as Lore was too busy crying and hugging Scott.

"I can't believe it!" Was all Lore could muster out.

"Now there is still one more skater coming up now Cassie Manns who had been your toughest competitor. Are you nervous?" She asked.

"No, because no matter what we both made it this far and we are both amazing skaters." Lore answered.

"Good fucking answer." Lisa said and we all laughed.

***NORMAL POV***

Once the interviewer walked away, I jumped on Scott making sure to be careful of the skates and hugged him.

"You got this in the bag." Scott said and I sighed pointing to the ice.

"Not if she does amazing..." I said and Scott held my hand as she skated. I held my breath the entire time. I watched her stumble at least once and I sighed. Once she came off the ice I watched the score board and just waited for the scores to be put up.