Mom & Coach

***1 YEAR LATER***

I was skating around the ice showing the class of girls a move and they all started following and trying.

"Like this?" Soph asked and I nodded.

"Very good Soph, tighten up your back leg when you land though." I said and she nodded.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Evans, are you supposed to be ice skating?" I heard someone ask and I sighed seeing Chris at the side of the ice. I skated over to him, and he placed a hand on my very pregnant 7 month along belly.

"You heard the doctor yesterday, I can continue normal activity, and this is normal for me Chris. I feel fine." I said and he sighed.

"I just want you safe, if you fall..." Chris trailed off and I groaned.

"Chris, I'm safer on the ice than I am walking." I said and he sighed but nodded. He leaned in and gave me a kiss.

"What are you doing here? You know I drove today." I said and he nodded.

"You did and I brought Scott to take your car home. I'm taking my girls out after class." Chris said and I smiled.

"Your girls, what about this little dude?" I asked and placed my hand on my stomach.

"Well, he is a party crasher." Chris said and we laughed. I turned back around when I heard a kid make a noise. I looked to see Soph on the ice holding her knee.

"Shit." I said and skated over to her and helped her up.

"You okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, just landed on my knee but I went down limp like you taught us." Soph said and I smiled.

"Perfect." I said and watched everyone else.

"Okay, free skate time. I'm going to be getting off the ice and your parents should be here in 10 minutes." I said and the girls cheered and started going crazy on the ice. I skated off the ice and sat down. Chris got down and helped me take off my skates and I smiled at him.

"You know you are the best husband." I said and Chris smiled.

"I do what I can." Chris said and I smiled.

Chris and I got married soon after he proposed, I refused to wait any longer. I wanted to be married to this man and have a family. We knew nothing was going to change and it was life. Once we got married Chris adopted Soph and made her an Evans with the rest of is. Soon after we were married, I became pregnant. A lot sooner than Chris and I planned but we knew we were willing to take life as it came. Everything was working out the way it was supposed to in this life.

Chris helped me get on my tennis shoes and then put my jacket on me and I smiled. He sat back down beside me and I placed my head on his shoulder and yawned.

"You know what I'm revising our plans tonight. You need to be home and relaxing." Chris said and I shook my head.

I sighed "Chris, please don't. I'm just a little tired and I will be fine once I get out of the rink." I said and I started rubbing my stomach.

"He kicking?" Chris asked and I nodded. Chris placed his hand on my stomach to feel. He loved feeling his son kick.

"Yeah, he is. He loves when I skate, abuses me when I stop." I said and we both laughed. I started noticing a lot of parents showing up. I got up and walked to the edge of the ice, blew the whistle I had and they all looked at me.

"Parents are here! Everyone come off the ice!" I said and they all skated off. Soph went over to Chris and he started helping her. Soon we were leaving and Chris drove us to the local diner that had the best burgers and fries that I had been craving my entire pregnancy.

"Best husband ever!" I said as we pulled in.

"Best dad ever!" Soph said from the back seat and Chris laughed.

"Food to make my girls happy. That's all that matters." Chris said and we walked into the restaurant. Once we sat down, we quickly ordered. I looked at Soph who was sitting across the table from Chris and I and she looked like she wanted to bring something up, but it was making her nervous.

"Chris, you ever seen Soph so nervous or quiet?" I asked and she looked up at us and then Chris smiled at her.

"I think the last time was right before we got married when she said busted her lip on the ice while skating and tried to hide it." Chris said and I nodded.

"I want to ask you guys something, but I want you to have an open mind." Soph said and I sighed.

"Oh god." Chris said and I smiled at him placed my hand on his thigh to calm him. He was such a nervous dad. I thought he was nervous with me, but it was worse with Soph.

"It's not bad..." Soph said and I sighed.

"What's going on Soph?" I asked.

"I want to start training." She said and I looked at her oddly then took a deep breath.

"Training...like training...training?" I asked and she nodded.

"Can someone please explain this to me?" Chris asked. I looked at Soph and nodded knowing she could tell him.

"I want to start training to go to the Olympics." Soph said and Chris looked at me.

"Isn't she too young?" Chris asked. I shook my head.

"I started at her age. She has 7 years of training and competitions to compete in." I said and Chris sighed and then looked at Soph.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Chris asked and Soph nodded.

"It is. Also, mom..." Soph said and I looked at her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can you be my coach?" She asked and I smiled.

"Yeah, of course." I said and she came around the table and hugged Chris and I both.

"Let's just get this little guy out and everything then we will start. It will help me get back into shape too." I said and Soph nodded.

"So, two Olympic skaters...I couldn't be prouder." Chris said and kissed my cheek.

This was going to be so much work and baby and training Soph. Was I really able to handle all of this?