Mom

After our weekend away Chris and I got home, and the week went by like normal. I picked Soph up from school on Friday afternoon and she seemed and little down.

"Hey kiddo. What's wrong?" I asked as she got I the car.

"Nothin." She said and I sighed.

"Soph..." I said and she didn't say anything.

"Sophia please, I don't have the mental capacity right now for this." I said and she groaned.

"NOTHIN!" Soph yelled and I just groaned. We drove home in silence and once she got inside the slammed the door closed.

"Hey!" I yelled at her as she headed to her room at Chris's.

"What?!" She asked pissed off.

"What is wrong? You need to talk to me! I leave tomorrow! I can't go tomorrow if I know you're mad at me." I said.

"Good! Don't go! I don't want you to go!" Soph yelled and stormed to her room with Dodger following her. I just hung my head and I felt arms wrap around me from behind.

"What's wrong?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"I don't think she wants me to go tomorrow. This will be the first time I have left her to go away for an extended period of time. I feel horrible Chris. I was just worried about making the Olympics not thinking about her. I have a kid now, I have someone I'm responsible for." I said and Chris sighed and placed his chin on my shoulder.

"Hey it's okay. I will have her, you will video call when you can, and everything will be okay. She is just having a hard time. Why don't we do pizza and family movie Disney movie tonight just the 3 of us tonight?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, let me go talk to her." I said and Chris nodded. I gave him a quick kiss and then walked to Sophia's room. I knocked on the closed door and got no answer, but I went in any way. Soph was on her bed hugging Dodger and crying. I walked over and got Dodger to get down and pulled Soph into my lap and let her cry on my shoulder.

"I'll miss you when you leave." Soph said.

"I know and I promise I will back as soon as I can." I said and she nodded and looked up at me.

"I know but I'm scared. What if something happens to you." Soph said and I shook my head.

"Nothing will happen Soph, I promise. The minute I can come back I will be back here hugging on you." I said and she smiled. I kissed her cheek, and she smiled as we cuddled a little longer.

"Chris said we could have a pizza and Disney movie night. What movie should we torture him with?" I asked and she laughed.

"Endgame! We can mess with Chris for the ending!" Soph said and I laughed.

"Perfect! We can watch both Infinity War and Endgame." I said and she smiled.

"Yes! Let's go get ready!" Soph said jumping off my lap and running downstairs. I sighed and got up. This was going to be a good last night.

⛸ ⛸ ⛸

As we were getting to the end of Endgame I looked at Soph and winked. Steve disappeared and Soph groaned as if on cue.

"What?" Chris asked.

"Steve...annoying." Soph said and I smiled.

"I know he picked a girl over his friends." I chimed in.

"I know! Rude." Soph said and Chris just sat there is shock. We watched again in silence until it got to the final scene with Steve and Peggy dancing.

"Boo!" Soph and I started yelling and throwing popcorn at the screen and started laughed.

"Wow..." Chris said and then I looked at him and started throwing popcorn at him.

"Hey!" Chris said and I laughed. We stopped and I leaned in and kissed Chris.

"We don't like Steve in Endgame." I said and he laughed.

"Obviously." Chris said. We started cleaning up the popcorn and I looked at the time then to Soph.

"Hey, it's time for bed. We have to be up early tomorrow." I said and she groaned.

"Come on Soph, bed." Chris said and I smiled as we all headed to her room.

⛸ ⛸ ⛸

After we tucked Soph in Chris and I headed to our room and got into bed. He was holding me close to him.

"I'm going to miss this. Our nightly cuddles." Chris said and I nodded.

"Only a few weeks and I will be back, and we don't have to leave this bed for days." I said and Chris growled as he leaned in and passionately kissed me. We started making out and Chris was hovering over me, and I moaned in our kiss knowing this was getting so hard to resist going any further. As I was about to say fuck it all there was a small knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I asked as Chris got off of me and sat up on his side of the bed and we saw Soph once the door opened.

"Hey..." I said and she gave a small smile.

"Can I sleep with you guys tonight?" Soph asked and I looked at Chris and he nodded.

"Get up here." Chris said and she ran and jumped on the bed and the Dodger did and stayed at the foot of the bed. Soph got between us, and we all laid down and got comfortable.

Once we were all in bed I placed and arm over Soph and placed my hand on Chris's arm. He placed an arm over Soph and was touching my arm. This was life, this was my family, and this is what I was leaving.

⛸ ⛸ ⛸

Chris was holding Soph as I stood just out of the way before I had to get to security and go through.

"Okay I will check in as much as I can." I said and they nodded.

"And anything ice skating we are watching on tv in hopes to see you." Chris said and I nodded. He leaned down and gave me another kiss. I then looked at Soph.

"Please be good for Chris. He is the adult okay." I said and she nodded.

"I will. Aunt Lore can I ask you a question?" Soph asked and I nodded, and she took my hand.

"I was wondering if it would be okay...if not it's okay but I was wondering if I could start calling you mom?" Soph said and I broke down in tears and took her from Chris and held on to her. I pulled away and looked at her in the face.

"Oh, sweetie that's more than okay. You do whatever you feel comfortable with." I said and she smiled and gave me another hug.

"I love you mom." Soph said and I smiled.

"I love you too kiddo." I said. Chris looked at us and took Soph back.

"You have to go. I love you." Chris said and I nodded.

"I know, I love you too." I said and then turned to leave. As I reached security I turned back and waved. Soph had her head on Chris's shoulder and was crying. Chris was even crying, and I hurried to go through and get out of their sight as quickly as I could. I knew why I was leaving but I hated it.